Viticulturist / Vineyard Manager - Moorilla
Moorilla Pty Ltd
655 Main Rd
Berriedale, TAS 7011
03 6277 9990
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Moorilla is on the lookout for an experienced Viticulturist / Vineyard Manager to join the team and take a lead role at our St Matthias vineyard on the Tamar River, fifteen kilometres north of Launceston. In this hands-on role, you'll be responsible for all aspects of coordinating the daily operations of the vineyard. You'll also have an opportunity to use your knowledge to contribute to the operations at our Moorilla and Domaine A vineyards.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to progress their career with a growing company and there will be a vehicle and accommodation package available for the right candidate.
Ready to sink your teeth in?
• Your priority will be managing all operational requirements of the St Matthias vineyard.
• This includes all aspects of pest and disease control, canopy management, irrigation management and overseeing harvest operations.
• You'll also lead a team of employees and will take responsibility for staff training and work prioritisation.
• You're also going to maintain the vineyard's equipment, including scheduled maintenance of machinery and replacement purchases when required.
• You'll also work with key members of the Mona Finance cluster as you develop and take responsibility for the annual operational budgets.
• Our operations include two other vineyards in the south of Tasmania and you'll provide viticultural advice to management at these vineyards and oversee our vineyard sustainability program.
• And you'll champion safe work practices in all areas of your work, acting as a role model for the staff under your supervision.
• You have completed a degree in viticulture
• You've gained considerable experience working on and within vineyards and have the motivation to take a leadership role in a growing organisation.
• You have strong communication skills and will be capable of consistently engaging with colleagues who are based in different geographical locations.
• You're experienced in staff management and ensuring their activities follow safe process and procedure
• You're a results oriented individual and have the drive to achieve your objectives.
• You enjoy working outdoors and you're fit and capable of working alongside casual vineyard staff for any and all vineyard operations.
Does this sound like you? Let's talk. Please submit your application (specifically addressing why you're a great fit for this role) at https://mona.net.au/connect/employment.
Employer Contact Information
Moorilla Pty Ltd
655 Main Rd
We produce cool-climate wines. The fruit is grown in our Tamar and Derwent Valley vineyards. Winery, vineyard, and cellar door on the site of MONA - the Museum of Old and New Art.
Moorilla winemaker, Conor van der Reest favours structural wines with new-world fruit and old-world complexity. His wines are crafted to reveal Moorilla’s terroir, a term that describes a vineyard’s singular sense of place—from its icy river breezes to its ancient soils to its long-ripening fruit—clarified by the hand of the winemaker and captured in liquid-form. Drink Moorilla and you drink the vineyard.