Viticulturist / Vineyard Manager
864 Maroondah Hwy
Coldstream, VIC 3770
03 9738 9900
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Oakridge Wines is a family owned wine business with a strong commitment and reputation for winemaking excellence over a forty year history. An opportunity exists to join a dynamic, passionate and professional team at one of the Yarra Valley’s leading producers. The opportunity is to continue to develop, improve and expand all aspects of farming across our three vineyard sites plus liaise with our small group of dedicated growers.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and high-energy candidate to oversee our vineyard team and their operations. This challenging opportunity requires an individual who has a strong understanding of the relationship between grape production and wine quality, the technical aspects of cool climate viticulture and sustainable farming methods.
Only applicants with permanent Australian residency will be considered.
• to grow the highest quality fruit
• to ensure our vineyards are economic
• to ensure our vineyards are environmentally sustainable
Oversee all vineyard operations and management to ensure all related business goals are achieved. This includes goals relating to grape quality, yield, staff satisfaction and levels of morale, budgets, compliance and adherence to company systems, policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Vineyard management including farm machinery maintenance
• Staff management including supervision, deployment and retention
• OH&S relating to all farm practices including chemical stores
• Purchasing and stock control of viticultural supplies and equipment
• Compliance and administration
• a degree in Viticulture and/or horticulture
• a strong understanding of the relationship between grape production and wine quality
• extensive practical and technical knowledge of viticulture operations
• demonstrated practical, technical and managerial experience within viticulture
• a minimum 5 years practical vineyard experience
• strong understanding, skills and experience in the practical application of sustainable farming principles and techniques
• excellent observational and diagnostic skills (including data collection, problem solving)
• ability to stay up-to-date in evaluating and recommending industry trends, techniques and technologies.
• ability to work independently as well as manage staff to ensure a productive team with a focus on excellence;
• excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
• ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
• excellent oral and written communication skills;
• MS Excel and MS Word skills;
• current drivers Licence. Medium rigid is highly preferential but not essential, as is a forklift licence.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
864 Maroondah Hwy
Oakridge Wines has been capturing the spirit of the Yarra Valley for more than three decades.
Established near Seville in Victoria’s Yarra Valley, Oakridge Wines began as a family company. A pioneer of the Upper Yarra Valley, Oakridge recognised the potential for making great wine on the rich, red, volcanic soils of the sub-region.
The turn of the century saw Oakridge move to its location in Coldstream, and become a part of one of Australia’s larger wine companies.
In recent times, Oakridge once again returned to family ownership.