Wine Merchant - Dan Murphy's
Various Locations across Australia, NAT
Full Time - Permanent
Are you knowledgeable and passionate about the world of wine and bringing it to life for customers? Are you a great host and like to storytell?
If this sounds like you, then please reach out to us to learn about how you can join Australia’s leading drinks retailer in a unique role that might be just right for you!
When Dan Murphy opened his first liquor store in 1952, he believed in offering unbeatable customer service, the biggest range and the lowest prices. A promise we still live by today.
To help continue this legacy, we’re broadening our service offering and seeking knowledgeable wine lovers with a knack for hosting exceptional customer experiences to join our team.
The Wine Merchant is a new role we are hiring in selected stores spanning across Australia, We’re calling on your wine knowledge to help us create the ultimate drinks experience for our customers. You’ll join a vibrant team with a fantastic culture and get access to great team benefits. Because Dan Murphy’s is part of the Woolworths Group, you’ll also become a part of Australia’s largest retail group.
About the role
The newly created position of Wine Merchant will play a critical role in Dan’s evolution by providing a personalised end to end experience for our customers. Reporting to the Store Manager and joining a National Community of Wine Merchants, in this specialised role you will share your expertise through engaging our customers and empowering our team in the discovery of product.
In this role, you will
• Create exceptional customer experiences by sharing your love and knowledge of wine.
• Have the autonomy to share your passion through facilitating key store events and tastings
• Encourage customer loyalty by taking the customer on a journey of discovery through our range
• In collaboration with key store team members you’ll seek and act on customer feedback to deliver relevant experience solutions and provide input into your store’s range.
• Proactively engage with the store team to build team knowledge, empowering the team to bring our range to life.
At Dan Murphy’s our customers are at the heart of everything we do and how we connect with them is critical to our ongoing success. We are looking for charismatic conversationalists and interesting story tellers. You are passionate about wine and love sharing your knowledge with others. You understand the importance of great customer experience and want to take that to a new level at Dan Murphy’s. You are knowledgeable in the world of wine and like to continue to discover the world of drinks.
Other key competencies relevant for the role are:
• Proven experience in customer service, ideally hospitality, sales or retail.
• Experience in a drinks related role preferred (e.g. bar, cellar door, wine making, premium restaurant experience).
• A genuine interest in the industry - you know what is trending and make sure that these trends are reflected in your stores experience.
• You’re digitally savvy, connected to relevant onlines group with a finger on the pulse for the latest trends both locally and globally.
• Current RSA Certificate
• Available to work in peak trading hours, with part-time and full-time opportunities available
Advantageous but not essential:
• Wine & Spirits Education Trust (level 3) or equivalent qualifications
• Experience coaching or training and driving a knowledge sharing environment
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
1 Woolworths Way