Wine Sales Leader - Sydney - Glenlofty Estate
123 Glenlofty-Warrenmang Road
Glenlofty, VIC 3469
Full Time - Permanent
Moderate Domestic Travel
Glenlofty Estate is a highly awarded 130 hectare estate producing outstanding wine in the Pyrenees region of western Victoria, Australia.
We produce around 45,000 dozen wines a year (in a good year) selling in Australia, Canada, China, New Zealand, and Singapore.
Our corporate goals are single-minded - to deliver world-best quality and value for money with a product range that epitomises the famous Pyrenees terroir. This has often been compared with the northern Rhône, especially Cornas. Indeed, our next door neighbour at Glenlofty is M. Chapoutier, the Rhône’s outstanding brand leader and innovator. We are very different from Barossa. We are very different from Heathcote.
When forward-looking sommeliers or specialist retail prospects seek to expand their global portfolio and add their own imprimatur to the wine experience they offer, Glenlofty Estate often finds its own place, almost always leading to repeat purchase.
Sampling the Glenlofty product is key to both trial and repeat purchase.
This appointment is very much a ground floor opportunity in this exciting global industry. Ability to recruit and lead specialist teams is very desirable.
Glenlofty’s shareholders are committed long term to making Glenlofty Estate a premium global brand.
We are seeking an experienced, committed and customer focused wine sales professional who will grow our presence in key specialist retail and on-premise channels, putting Glenlofty on the map as the leading Pyrenees producer. The role will focus on the (Sydney) metropolitan area.
• Ideally with tertiary wine qualification
• 5 years’ successful experience in wine sales
• Self-motivated, driven and determined to succeed.
• A solid understanding of both On Premise and Specialist Retail wine business channels in New South Wales – prior experiences and contacts within these channels.
• Solid evidence of proven wine business development capability.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Highly organised with good time management skills.
• Can work both autonomously and part of a team – flexible and adaptable approach to work.
• Sound computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Potential as anchorperson for development of a new major brand team
ABOUT THE ROLE
• Plan and conduct sales programs to ensure positive P&L results against budget.
• Achieve agreed sales budgets and simple KPIs through new business development and growth of existing accounts in both On-Premise and Specialist Retail channels.
• Develop and manage a structured call cycle to effectively service the territory.
• Maintain strong relationships with existing customers through regular contact that maximise sales opportunities and provide best practice service.
• Proactively lead regular marketing activities such as events, promotions, tastings, exhibitions etc.
• Reports directly to Glenlofty National Sales Manager, with regular reports copied to the Board
This exciting role will provide a competitive base salary plus generous commissions, superannuation and a car allowance.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work visa and a current driver’s licence. A current passport is essential. A language other than English will be highly regarded.
Please forward your resume with a cover letter via e-mail using the "APPLY FOR JOB" link above.
Employer Contact Information
123 Glenlofty-Warrenmang Road
The Glenlofty Estate vineyards are located between 320 metres and 360 metres above sea level across hills of the Pyrenees region in western Victoria, Australia.
Our vineyards are comprised of Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Merlot, Nebbiolo, Chardonnay, Marsanne, Roussanne and Viognier, which thrive in our cooler climate conditions.