Employers & Recruiters
Winemaker - Lake Cooper Estate
Wine Network Consulting Pty Ltd
Heathcote, VIC 3523
03 5962 2427
Winemaking / Oenology
Management / Executive
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
International, Interstate & Intrastate Travel is required
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
A unique opportunity is open for a talented winemaker to make their mark. This role is responsible for the complete range of wines, management of the winery and supporting the promotion of the Estate in the market.
Established in Heathcote in 1998, Lake Cooper Estate boasts a well-established and carefully maintained 32 Hectare vineyard and is in the process of building an exciting new winery. The redevelopment of the Estate includes a first class restaurant and luxury accommodation.
This is a quality-focused, hands-on winemaking role. With at least five years’ relevant experience and an eye for detail, the successful candidate must also have a professional management style and be a positive member of the team.
Lake Cooper Estate will provide an attractive remuneration package, including a fully serviced motor vehicle and accommodation support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overall winemaking for the entire portfolio.
• Management of the winery facilities, including setting and reporting against
budgets, environmental, compliance and safety matters.
• Cellar operations: planning, production and execution of cellar operations to
achieve the best wine quality.
• Mentoring and guidance for the winery team and Production Winemaker.
• Winery equipment and maintenance: Planning and implementing a program for
maintenance, safety and compliance of plant & equipment on site.
• Coordinate wine show entries.
• Project manage new winery construction.
Skills and Qualifications:
• A tertiary degree in oenology or wine science.
• At least 5 years’ relevant winemaking experience.
• Valid drivers’ licence and ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
• Strong winemaking skill.
• Professional, disciplined, hands-on management style.
• Clear communication style.
• Team player.
Interfaces - Internal:
• Vineyard Manager
• Production Winemaker
• Cellar Staff
• Site & Business Manager
Interfaces – External:
• Media To apply:
• Wine trade connections
• AWRI and other institutions
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Wine Network Consulting Pty Ltd
Office 4 5-7 Green Street
Healesville VIC 3777
View All Jobs From This Employer
Established in 1994, Wine Network and its personnel are established and highly respected professional resources for the wine industry in Australia and overseas.
Wine Network offers a full range of advisory services for wine and viticultural businesses aimed at optimising wine quality, operational efficiency and business sustainability.
Our consultants and associates have extensive industry experience, and we offer tailor-made advice services to suit both new and established businesses of varying sizes.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2019
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD