Winemaker, Nannup - Houghton Wines - Accolade Wines
Houghton Wines - Accolade Wines Australia
10460 Vasse Highway
Nannup, WA 6275
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Our Houghton Winery at Nannup is a state of the art winemaking facility that produces both premium and commercial wines. We source fruit from across the lower south-west of Western Australia for the production of wine brands including Houghton, Brookland Valley, Moondah Brook and Amberley.
We are part of Accolade Wines, a global wine company with some of the world’s best known brands and 1700 talented employees.
Due to growth in volume, we are looking for two talented Winemakers to join our growing team.
Working closely with the Senior Winemaker/Manager and group winemakers, as a Houghton Winemaker you will:
• manage winemaking programs for a defined portfolio of wines
• oversee the planning and implementation of day-to-day cellar and laboratory activities
• work in a hands-on capacity, distributing cellar notes, undertaking data entry and carrying out cellar tasks as required
• ensure wine quality standards and customer demands are met within regulatory requirements
• represent the company in regional winemaking groups and associations as appropriate.
Naturally you will have a tertiary qualification in winemaking, teamed with at least one or two years’ winemaking experience and exposure to cool climate winemaking. Although it’s not essential, we will look favourably on your wine show judging experience.
If you’re self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable with excellent organisation and communication skills, you’ll fit right in to our team.
Sound like your kind of drop? To view the full job description, or to apply, please visit our careers page using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
We look forward to receiving your application by Sunday 7 July 2019.
Employer Contact Information
Houghton Wines - Accolade Wines
10460 Vasse Highway
Houghton Nannup Winery is a premium winemaking facility that produces quality wines. The Houghton Nannup Winery site is 300km South of Perth and approx. 65km East of Margaret River in Western Australia.