Winemaker or Senior Winemaker
790 McDonalds Road
Pokolbin, NSW 2323
02 4998 4600
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Bimbadgen is a dynamic and innovative producer of premium wines based in Pokolbin, Hunter Valley. Fruit is sourced from Bimbadgen’s 23ha estate vineyards planted in 1968, as well as selected premium vineyards in the Hunter Valley. Bimbadgen’s focus is on quality; producing 30,000 cases annually of classic Hunter varietals Chardonnay, Semillon and Shiraz, with smaller amounts of Vermentino, Viognier and Tempranillo.
We are seeking Winemaker or Senior Winemaker to join our winery team. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a sound work ethic, the ability to lead a small team and contribute positively to the overall wine and tourism experience. Naturally you will be passionate about the Hunter Valley wine industry.
This role is responsible for the supervision and smooth running of the winery. At a high level, this will include:
• Accountability for the management of wine production
• Maintaining accurate Lab analysis and procedures
• Supervision of winery team during and post vintage
• Ensuring compliance with all winery WH&S and HACCP procedures
• Management of all winery movements in Winefile , ensuring LIP compliance in local and international markets
• Participate in trade tastings dinners and cellar door events
• End of month stock takes
• Ensure quality is maintained throughout the winemaking process from grape to bottle
The successful candidate will desirably have, but not be limited to the following:
• An Oenology degree with strong laboratory skills
• Experience in WH&S and HACCP procedures
• Have a minimum of 5 years vintage experience and at least 3 years of winemaking experience
• Hold a forklift licence
• Computer literate in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of Winefile is preferable
• Preferably hold a current New South Wales RSA
• Excellent communication skills
Consideration to commence as Senior Winemaker is possible, dependent on experience.
During vintage, the position will include weekend work and extended hours. Outside of vintage, domestic and international travel supporting sales activities is also required.
Please submit your application in writing via email; addressing all matters relevant to this position via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
790 McDonalds Road
Located high on a hill in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, Bimbadgen is a striking winery and vineyard encompassing an expansive Cellar Door, award-winning Esca Bimbadgen Restaurant, Cafe, outdoor amphitheatre, modern tasting rooms and accommodation all in the one stunning location.