Assistant Vineyard Manager - Heathcote Estate
68 Drummonds Lane
Heathcote, VIC 3523
Full Time - Permanent
Heathcote Estate was established in 1998. Heathcote Estate based in Central Victoria has “Over the two past decades, established itself as a recognised, award winning producer of single vineyard Shiraz."
The vineyard is certified organic .
A new position has become available at Heathcote Estate - ”Assistant Vineyard Manager” to assist the Vineyard Manager with the day to day running and operation of the vineyards.
• Tractor operations including spraying, slashing etc
• Hands on vine and canopy maintenance including pruning, wire lifting etc
• Maintenance of vineyard infrastructure and machinery
• Maintenance of vineyard irrigation system and equipment
• Pest and disease monitoring
• Supervision of permanent, casual and contract staff/workers
• A particular interest in the environment and sustainability
• Qualifications/training an advantage
• Practical viticulture or agriculture experience
• Chemcert certificate (training available)
• First aid certificate (training available)
o Car (essential)
o Forklift (training available)
• Ability to manage teams of casual and contract workers
• Interest in sustainable/organic viticulture and agriculture
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
68 Drummonds Lane
Heathcote Estate was established in 1998. Heathcote Estate based in Central Victoria has "Over the two past decades, established itself as a recognised, award winning producer of single vineyard Shiraz."
Heathcote Estate is Yabby Lakes' sister property in Central Victoria, and was planted in 1999 on the ancient Cambrian soils that define the heart of the region. The 500-million-year-old soils are integral to the distinctive characters in these special wines.