Assistant Vineyard Manager - Montalto
33 Shoreham Road
Red Hill South, VIC 3937
Full Time - Permanent
Montalto is a family-owned and run estate specialising in the production of award-winning premium cool-climate wine, with a particular emphasis on Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. The home estate includes a productive kitchen garden with fruit and olive orchards, supplying our hatted restaurant and Piazza café, together with acclaimed sculpture gardens.
We manage six vineyards in 4 subregions of the Mornington Peninsula covering a total of a total of 52 Hectares.
We are seeking a person with experience and passion for viticulture and vineyard operations. A team player with energy, a can-do attitude and a desire for quality work, continual learning and success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Vineyard Manager your role will be.
• Operating and maintaining tractors and equipment.
• Vineyard practices. Implementing Simonit and Sirch pruning and canopy management, pest and disease monitoring, irrigation, vineyard establishment, vine improvement, netting, fencing and harvesting.
• Organising, teaching, motivating and supervising contractors.
• Regular reporting and communicating to the Vineyard Manager.
• Administering workplace health & safety standards
Remuneration: a salary package will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
To apply in complete confidence please include cover letter and CV with your application via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
All applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work visa
Application closing date: 20/12/21
The successful candidate will have:
• A broad understanding of vineyard operations, appreciate precision viticulture and its absolute link with premium wine production.
• Tractor experience.
• A hard working and self-motivating work ethic.
• Flexibility with work hours.
• An ability to work positively with others in a team.
• Experience in the use of vineyard machinery and equipment.
• A practical knowledge of viticulture.
• Leadership skills
• Valid driver licence
• Valid chemical users’ certificate
• Licences or certificates relevant to the industry.
Employer Contact Information
33 Shoreham Road
Red Hill South
Montalto is a 5 red star rated Halliday winery with a beautiful site in Red Hill on the Mornington Peninsula. We offer a full wine tourism experience including restaurant, cafe, sculpture park, private tasting and other immersive experiences.