Assistant Vineyard Manager - Seppeltsfield Wines
ROSEDALE, SA 5350
Full Time - Permanent
Seppeltsfield Wines is one of Australia’s oldest wineries and was founded in 1851 by the visionary Seppelt family and is part of the Randall Wine Group. The Randall Wine Group compromises of Ryecroft Wines, Tinlins Wines and Quelltaler Estate and has significant vineyard holdings across most growing regions in South Australia.
Seppeltsfield Wines is in the heart of the Barossa Valley and produces premium fortified and table wines using both modern and traditional techniques. Seppeltsfield Wines owns 4,000 acres across 4 regions including Barossa Valley, Eden Valley, Riverland and Coonawarra; Barossa Valley being predominant.
Your main duties will include:
• Organise/supervise up to 30 staff daily with the aid of the other assistant vineyard managers
• Plan daily work programs in advance
• Practical management/supervision of all vineyard operations.
• High level of liaison with Maintenance Manager
• Regular reporting/communication to the other assistant vineyard managers
• Ability to calibrate various implements/machinery
• A proactive approach to Work Health & Safety
Applicants with transferable skills from other Ag and Horticulture industries are also encouraged to apply.
Remuneration: a salary package will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
To be considered for this position you will have the following attributes/skills:
• A focus on producing premium wine grapes and being part of an efficient workplace
• Physically fit and healthy
• Highly enthusiastic
• Hard Working and self-motivating
• Flexibility with hours
• High level of experience managing staff
• Ability to work positively with others in a team
• Exceptional Communication Skills & Basic Writing and Numeracy Skills
• High level of experience in the use of machinery
• Licences or certificates relevant to the industry will be highly regarded
• Practical knowledge of viticulture
Applicants must have eligibility to work in Australia – you must be a citizen or permanent resident
This position at times is a physically demanding role and therefore a satisfactory functional assessment will be required. Employment will also be subject to a police clearance.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
730 Seppeltsfield Road
Seppeltsfield Wines, in the heart of the Barossa Valley, produces premium fortified and table wines using both modern and traditional techniques.