Assistant Vineyard Manager - Woodlands Wines
3948 Caves Road
Wilyabrup, WA 6285
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Woodlands Wines is a premium wine producer located in the heart of the Margaret River Wine region. We remain family owned and operated, running both certified organic and conventional vineyards with a firm focus on Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet blends and Chardonnay.
We are seeking a hands-on Assistant Vineyard Manager to work on both properties carrying out all facets of vineyard manual and machinery operations. Reporting to the Vineyard Manager, you will play a key role in the vineyard management of Woodlands Wines.
• To assist in all aspects of the daily operations involved in running the company vineyards.
• Overseeing staff and contractors, promoting safe work practices and healthy work attitudes.
• Monitoring for vine health and pests and disease issues.
• Vine management including pruning, canopy management, harvesting operations and other seasonal operations.
• All aspects of machinery operation and maintenance and care of equipment.
• Vineyard and farm maintenance.
• Responsible for OH&S compliance and ensuring that all work activities are carried out in accordance with company procedures and policies.
If you have a keen interest in fine wine, organic viticulture, and have suitable viticulture experience we’d like to hear from you. To apply you will also need a valid WA Driver’s License (or equivalent) and be an Australian resident or hold Australian Permanent Residency to be considered for this role.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate commensurate with skills and experience.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
3948 Caves Road
Woodlands is a ten hectare vineyard located in the Wilyabrup Valley of Western Australia’s renowned Margaret River. Woodlands was established in 1973 by David and Heather Watson, and remains proudly owned and operated by the Watson family.