Assistant Viticulturist - Cape Mentelle
331 Wallcliffe Road
Margaret River, WA 6285
Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional sites and are among the best terroirs of their appellation and each of our wineries have broken new ground - by pioneering new or forgotten regions; or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cape Mentelle Vineyard is proud to be one of Margaret River’s founding wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. We aim to produce wines that capture a unique sense of place in every bottle. These characteristics are defined by our pristine coastal location, ancient soils and 50 years of viticultural history.
Based in Margaret River, Western Australia and reporting to the Viticulturist, the Assistant Viticulturist works closely with the vineyard and winemaking teams to improve wine quality, enhance viticultural sustainability, protect wine integrity and closely manage costs. The role will also encompass involvement in all areas of viticulture, including the viticultural technical programs, R&D, vineyard mapping and information systems, vineyard operations, growers and harvest operations. A high focus on viticultural technical understanding, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), interest in wine, accuracy, thoroughness and ability to work with others is critical to this role.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
• Contribute in developing the Technical Vineyard Plan according to the lifecycle of the vine, collect and analyze data related to yields and pest and disease monitoring;
• Assist in developing and contribute to the updating and design of the annual company recommended spray program;
• Assist with vineyard operations during harvest to complete a full understanding of the tasks required;
• Present to the vineyard team on conclusions and developments following harvest each year:
• Assist viticulturist with grower visits and provide support as required;
• As part of the Viticultural management team, participate to the company’s direction and development.
• A tertiary diploma in Viticulture or equivalent;
• Practical vineyard experience (1-2 years) and general knowledge of farming systems;
• A developed commitment to quality wine production systems;
- Experience in Precision Viticulture & Geographic Information Systems (GIS) programs and processes;
• Knowledge of safe work systems and processes;
• Strong interpersonal skills, developed scientific method, critical analysis and research ability;
• The right to work legally in Western Australia.
Employer Contact Information
Cape Mentelle Vineyards
331 Wallcliffe Road
Cape Mentelle Vineyards is proud to be one of Margaret River’s ‘founding three’ wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. We aim to produce wines that capture a unique sense of place in every bottle. These characteristics are defined by our pristine coastal location, unique soils and 50 years of viticultural history.