Assistant Winemaker - Blue Pyrenees Estate
Blue Pyrenees Estate
656 Vinoca Road
Avoca, VIC 3467
03 5465 1111
Full Time - Permanent
Blue Pyrenees Estate is seeking an enthusiastic and capable person to join our team as an Assistant winemaker. The position offers an opportunity to gain wine making experience across a wide range of varieties and wine styles.
Situated 7km from Avoca in Western Victoria, the Blue Pyrenees Estate production facility has produced award winning red and white and rose table wine as well traditional sparkling wines for over 50 years.
As part of the Richmond Smith Wine Group the Blue Pyrenees Estate winery processes fruit from 3 company owned vineyards across the Pyrenees and Grampians regions as well as small amount of purchased fruit. The facility also provides contract winemaking and bottling services.
This is a hands on role that focuses on the day to day management of the cellar to ensure that the winery work program is completed within quality parameters and time lines, while also being an active member of the cellar crew. Maintenance of the winery records system (EZY), participation in the continuing improvement of standard operating procedures and an active involvement in the OH&S processes are integral to this role.
Professional development through involvement in the winemaking decision and planning processes as well as opportunities to continue learning through seminars and industry events is seen as an integral part of this position.
*Some level of formal qualifications (or progress towards) are desirable.
*Degree level qualifications in winemaking will be highly regarded.
*Strong practical experience in winery operations and procedures is a prerequisite.
* Working knowledge of winemaking procedures and quality control systems
* Knowledge of wine quality parameters and laboratory analysis
* Wine tasting and quality assessment experience
* Experience in supervising small groups of workers and working within a team environment (3 permanent Cellar Hands and up to 6-8 casuals during vintage)
* Ability to take responsibility for work group quality and productivity outcomes
* Good organizational skills with methodical work habits
* The ability to work safely within a winery environment
* Physically fit
* The ability to work extended hours and shifts during peak periods (vintage)
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Current Fork Lift license
* Current Victorian Drivers license (or equivalent)
* Mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities
* Knowledge of OH&S systems and issues within the winery environment
* Experience with winery records systems (EzyWine used on site)
* Experience in basic winery lab analysis techniques
* Confined space certificate
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or the ability to obtain permanent Australian work visa.
Please be aware of Covid 19 travel restrictions when applying for this position.
Employer Contact Information
Blue Pyrenees Estate
Blue Pyrenees was established in Western Victoria in 1963 by Remy Martin. Remy Martin was committed to discovering the superb sparkling wine potential of the worlds cool climate wine regions. Blue Pyrenees is now 100% Australian owned.