Assistant Winemaker - Coriole Vineyards
McLaren Vale, SA 5171
08 8323 8305
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Coriole Vineyards is currently seeking an Assistant Winemaker to join a small and dedicated winemaking team. This is a hands-on role, working with the winemaker to produce wines of high quality and that are true to style. Coriole produces a broad range of wines and styles and has always been a leader in championing new and emerging varieties.
1.The Assistant Winemaker (AW) is the prime employee operating under the direction of the winemaker.
2. Required at certain times of the year to take the responsibility of monitoring and guiding the work of others.
3. Required to perform the full range of winery operations including some lab work.
4. Required to work efficiently whilst maintaining high quality standards at all stages.
6. Ensure that winery operations are conducted in a safe environment.
7. Encouraged to contribute to the on-going debate of wine quality at Coriole
8. The AW is also required to contribute to improvements in procedures and equipment.
9. Coriole is a small company and all employees need to have the flexibility to perform other duties from time to time.
10. Employees are encouraged to attend courses to further educational opportunities.
The successful candidate will need to have the following attributes/skills:
1. Eligibility to work in Australia.
2. Experience in management of a small team.
3. Show initiative with a practical/hands-on approach to completing tasks.
4. Show competence in using and maintaining winery equipment.
5. Ability to prioritise tasks and make decisions.
6. Strong communication skills.
7. Current drivers and forklift license.
This a full-time position with renumeration negotiated based on experience. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter through to Duncan Lloyd via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Coriole Vineyards is a family owned business established in 1967 by the Lloyd family. The earliest vineyards date from 1919, in McLaren Vale Wine Region in South Australia. The main variety is Shiraz, followed by Sangiovese and Chenin Blanc. Wines are estate produced and sold in many countries around the world.