Assistant Winemaker - Langmeil Winery
Tanunda, SA 5352
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Langmeil Winery is owned and operated by the Lindner family and home of what is believed to be the world’s oldest surviving Shiraz vineyard, the Freedom 1843.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and motivated winemaker to join our team. The position will be responsible for the quality, organisation, and execution of winemaking activities at our 1,000-tonne winery in Tanunda. The position requires a mixture of hands-on and supervisory skills, laboratory experience, attention to detail, cleanliness, and is a physically active role.
• A degree in oenology
• Three years' experience as an assistant winemaker or similar winemaking position
• Knowledge of premium Mediterranean climate vinification from harvest to bottle
• Positive work ethic and good attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Available to work flexible hours during vintage
• A valid driver’s and forklift licence (a heavy vehicle licence would be beneficial)
• Physically fit to carry out the tasks required of the role
• Have a love of wine and the desire to help make great wines from high-quality Barossa fruit
The salary offered will reflect the skills, experience and training of the selected candidate.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
To apply, please click on "Apply for job" above and attach your cover letter and CV.
Employer Contact Information
Family owned and operated, Langmeil is the home to what is believed to be the Barossa and Australia’s oldest known surviving vineyard planted to Shiraz in 1843, from where the iconic Freedom 1843 Shiraz hails. Langmeil has had considerable success and has been awarded 5 stars in the Halliday Wine Companion placing it in the top 5% of premium Australian producers. Without contradiction, Langmeil wines are ‘cutting edge old school’ quality Barossa wine.