Assistant Winemaker - Rathfinny Wine Estate, UK
Rathfinny Wine Estate
Polegate, ESX BN26 5TU
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Rathfinny is seeking a full-time assistant winemaker. The role will be based at the Rathfinny Estate Winery in East Sussex. The assistant winemaker will work for and support our winemaker in the execution of all winemaking activities, both sparkling and still. They will have responsibility for carrying out all vintage and cellar operations and need to be able to work independently.
Work closely with the winery team to ensure all aspects of production are carried out successfully including:
• Grape processing
• Alcohol fermentation and malolactic fermentation
• Maturation, stabilisation, clarification
• Secondary fermentation of sparkling wines
• Bottling, disgorging and packaging
• Lab analysis
This permanent role has a competitive salary and includes benefits such as pension, staff discount, income protection insurance and private medical insurance.
See our website for more information https://rathfinnyestate.com/get-in-touch#work-with-us-tab
• Undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in oenology or related fields
• Experience of working in wineries during harvest/vintage period
• Experience of working in wineries post-harvest particularly in relation to sparkling wine production
• Keen wine tasting ability in relations to both sparkling and still wine styles
• Experience with supervision of casual winery staff
• Ability to produce clear, accurate and effective written communications
• Ability to keep up to date winery records
• Competent computer skills including winery software systems
• Strong attention to detail is essential
• Experience and qualifications with forklift, tractor, confined space and first aid
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Rathfinny Wine Estate
We established the Rathfinny Wine Estate in 2010 near Alfriston in the South Downs of Sussex, one of England’s exceptional natural landscapes, with the express intention of producing some of the world’s best sparkling wine.