Assistant Winemaker - Trentham Estate
6531 Sturt Highway (via Mildura, Vic)
Trentham Cliffs, NSW 2738
Full Time - Permanent
Trentham Estate Winery is a family-owned winery situated in the beautiful Trentham Cliffs, NSW region, less than 15km from Mildura, VIC and an exciting opportunity exists to join our winemaking team in a full-time role.
This is a hands-on winemaking role with the successful candidate being responsible for assisting with cellar orders/operations and various record keeping. Assisting with the implementation of winemaking specifications, subsequent and routine laboratory analysis during the fermentation, ageing and blending process. The successful candidate will contribute to all aspects of winemaking throughout the year.
An outstanding work ethic, good communication, attention to detail, safety awareness and motivation to be involved in a small team environment is an absolute necessity.
You must be passionate about all aspects of wine, self-motivated and an effective team player, and able to work within a small but highly motivated and experienced team.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives
• Determine and ensure quality parameters are adhered to from grape to bottle. This includes all research, development, specifications and delivery of high quality and consistency as well as sourcing of all winery additives and consumables.
• Assist with the management of both on and off-site bottling.
• Quality Assurance within the winery.
• Ensure all winemaking procedures are carried out in a way that optimises quality and efficiency according to site policies and procedures.
• Help manage and drive compliance in OH&S, Quality, management systems and process improvements.
The applicant requires the following to apply:
• Winemaking experience
• Tertiary qualification in Oenology (or currently completing qualification)
• AWAC/WSET or equivalent would be to your advantage.
• Comprehensive understanding of quality control standards, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, an understanding of record keeping requirements and inventory control.
• Ezy Wine Systems knowledge would be highly favourable.
• Be available to start in the next 2 months.
• Must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Two professional referees must be included in the application.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
6531 Sturt Highway
(via Mildura, Vic)
A family-owned winery located at Trentham Cliffs, New South Wales (15 minutes from Mildura), Trentham Estate is an award-winning boutique wine producer with its own Cellar Door and Restaurant onsite. Operating since 1988, the state-of-the-art winemaking facility handles 5,000 tonnes of premium fruit each vintage. The Trentham Estate brand carries a diverse product portfolio, and holds a strong position in the domestic and export markets.