Assistant Winemaker or Cellar Hand - Allandale Winery
132 Lovedale Rd
Lovedale, NSW 2525
Full Time - Permanent
We’re looking to hire an Assistant Winemaker or Cellar Hand, ideally with vintage experience to join our winemaking crew during the upcoming 2021 vintage season. The position may be extended to full-time after this period.
Your role would be to:
• have active involvement in all aspects of winemaking from crush to preparation for bottling
• perform basic labwork
• assist with warehouse operations
• assist with stock control
• follow WH&S protocols
• provide your own transport to and from work
• keep a sense of humour at all times!
Over the three-month vintage period, long hours including weekend work will be required and the work can be physically demanding.
The ideal candidate would:
• have an interest in wine and have undertaken or be currently undertaking studies in winemaking
• be hard-working, reliable, punctual, efficient and have attention to detail
• be a clear communicator and work easily as a team member and autonomously.
• be self-motivated and display a willingness to learn new skills
• be safety conscious at all times
Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa is essential. A forklift license will also be required.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
132 Lovedale Rd
Over almost half a century, Allandale has established an enviable reputation as a producer of a diverse range of award winning high-quality wines. Our fruit is sourced from an old vine vineyard onsite as well as selected premium vineyards throughout the Hunter Valley, Mudgee, Orange, Hilltops and Goulburn Valley. Crushing up to 200T annually, Allandale’s focus is on making high quality flavoursome wines that are both classic and contemporary with regional and varietal expression.