Employers & Recruiters
Bottling Line Manager / Cellar Hand - Dr. Island Winemaking Tasmania
Dr. Island Winemaking Tasmania PTY LTD
4 Spark Drive
Cambridge, TAS 7170
VINTAGE / HARVEST
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $65,000 To $75,000
Full Time - Permanent
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
The Bottling Line and Sparkling disgorging lines play an integral role in our small, hands on, custom crush facility. We’re seeking someone who can oversee operation of the lines but also jump into the cellar with the winemaking crew during harvest and outside of harvest intermittently throughout the year.
So, If you are handy on the ‘Tools’ and keen to work with winemakers in a Monday-Thursday only production facility, look no further! We invite you to join the dedicated team at Dr. Island Winemaking at our custom crush facility just 10 minutes from Hobart CBD. A privately owned company already achieving excellence in contract production of Traditional Method Sparkling wine, award winning Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs amongst others.
• Liaise with the managing director and winemaking staff to assist in wine production, bottling and packaging of existing clients and own wines (made by us for us).
• Willingness to closely partner with site operations teams to organise production plans for tirage, riddling, disgorging and packaging of sparkling and table wines
• Observe plan and carry out cellar activities on a daily basis, adhere to cellar notes, assist in manual data entry, bottling approvals, operation and clean up of our bottling and disgorging machinery.
• Ensure all wines are stored and maintained according to quality control parameters.
• Assist in bulk wine and raw material inventories, including stocktakes.
• Propose mechanical and cultural changes throughout the cellar and packaging area to maximise quality and overall working experience.
• Support in maintaining best quality practice with Food Safety Programs and OH&S.
• Experience with mechanical packaging lines, ideally table wine or filtered beverage lines.
• Grape processing & Cellar Operation experience ideal but not required.
• High risk license (fork lift) required
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
Dr. Island Winemaking Tasmania
4 Spark Drive
Cambridge TAS 7170
View All Jobs From This Employer
Dr Island Winemaking is conveniently located in Cambridge Tasmania. Ideally suited to servicing vineyards state wide. Specialising in winemaking of the highest quality we are perfectly suited to process small and medium and large batch wines. We are not only equipped with state of the art winemaking equipment but also employ some of the best winemakers in the industry.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2024
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD