Bottling Production Manager - Bleasdale Vineyards
1640 Langhorne Creek Road
Langhorne Creek, SA 5255
Full Time - Permanent
Oversee bottling production and logistics while managing a team of staff to drive excellence in quality.
Responsibilities & duties include the following:
- To lead and guide a team of staff that report into this role.
- Attendance of regular production meetings to plan new product development, contract and company bottling scheduling and export shipping timelines, liaising with the Senior Winemaker and Export Coordinator.
- Oversee maintenance of bottling hall equipment, in conjunction with the Bleasdale maintenance team.
- To plan, place orders, purchase and receive deliveries in a timely manner, to satisfy both domestic and export requirements for labels, glass, closures and other dry goods, while liaising with production and marketing staff.
- Management and negotiation of terms and associated costs with service providers and suppliers for contract and proprietary packaging and other.
- Data input to our system, supported by the Administration Manager and other members within the Bleasdale team as required. (Training Provided)
- Liaise and quote with external parties for Fill, Label, Pack contract work as required.
- Liaise with the warehouse staff to ensure domestic and export orders are collated and dispatched from the winery to satisfy all freight & shipping timelines.
- To conduct toolbox meetings and to pass on relevant items to the Bleasdale Vineyards WH&S Committee as required.
- Compliance to WH&S policy and to ensure all reporting staff adhere to the same.
- To engage in a culture of continuous improvement within this area of the winery.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary and financial parameters of the bottling department.
- Other tasks as required.
Benefits: Staff wine allowance included in package, with access to additional wine purchases at staff prices. Access to additional benefits offered by current corporate partners.
Location: Based at the Bleasdale winery in Langhorne Creek, SA.
Bleasdale Vineyards P/L is an equal opportunity employer and if you believe you are a suitable candidate to fill this role, please apply with a cover letter and CV by email to: Leigh Warren, General Manager, Bleasdale Vineyards Pty Ltd, using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
This is a hands-on position, and the candidate must hold a current forklift licence and have excellent communication skills, who will ensure that all bottling and warehousing is managed within the highest industry quality parameters and in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
1640 Langhorne Creek Road
Bleasdale Vineyards was established in 1850 in the Langhorne Creek wine region.