Employers & Recruiters
Buyer - The Wine Collective
The Wine Collective
Level 6, 111 Devonshire Street
Surry Hills, NSW 2010
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $80,000 To $110,000
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
The Wine Collective is Australia’s leading independent on-line wine retailer. We are a fast-paced and creative wine company investing in technology to build Australia’s best digital wine marketplace. In the Australian Financial Review’s Best Places to Work in Australia and New Zealand Awards in 2022, we ranked 6th in the Retail, Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure sector. We provide a flexible working environment which enables employees to enjoy the benefits of working from home and in a convenient collaborative workspace when appropriate.
Reporting directly to our Head of Trading, you will be a key part of the Trading Team, primarily responsible for sourcing new product opportunities to feed our Digital channels. You will manage relationships and logistics with a wide range of wine suppliers, bringing to bear an existing network of wine contacts, great negotiation and relationship skills.
We are looking for someone with 5-10 years experience in a buyer role in the wine industry. Previous experience in a digital environment will be highly regarded.
Key responsibilities include:
• Sourcing exciting new wines primarily for our digital sales channels.
• Managing logistics and developing relationships with a wide range of wine suppliers, both locally and internationally.
• Tasting and evaluating wines for offers and our wine subscription service.
• Management of stock levels and inventory efficiency.
• Liaising with our Digital and Marketing team to ensure promotional coordination.
• Liaising with the Finance Team in relation to supplier invoices.
• Liaising with the product managers in relation to promotional planning.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
• Existing knowledge of the local wine industry and their own network of supplier contacts.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• High attention to detail and self-motivation.
• Relevant experience and a passion for wine.
• A competitive spirit and desire to succeed.
• A high degree of integrity, honesty and authenticity.
• A team oriented individual ready and willing, with new ideas and a collaborative spirit.
• Multi-tasking, time management and organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Great computer and numeracy skills.
• High degree of financial acumen.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
The Wine Collective
66 Bay Street
Ultimo NSW 2007
View All Jobs From This Employer
The Wine Collective is Australia’s leading independent on-line wine retailer. We are a fast-paced and creative wine company investing in technology to build Australia’s best digital wine marketplace. This is an opportunity to join our company at an incredibly exciting time as we are currently experiencing unprecedented levels of new customer and sales growth.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2022
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD