Cellar Door Manager - Château Tanunda
Australian Food & Beverage Group
9 Basedow Road
Tanunda, SA 5352
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
The role of the Cellar Door Manager is to ensure the smooth and efficient running of our busy cellar door, coaching the employees to provide a great customer service experience whilst driving sales and selling the Château Tanunda brand. The role is based at our Château Tanunda Barossa cellar door in the Barossa Valley, SA, and is dedicated to the promotion of wine tourism and our wines.
Some of the key responsibilities/accountabilities for this role are as follows:
• managing customer service by:
• converting wine tasters to wine purchasers;
• providing an enjoyable, educational and consistent presentation of the products and associated merchandise;
• ensuring polite and friendly interaction with all customers, fellow staff and management; and
• providing active support to the growth of our Wine Club;
• achieve a profitable sales return on each interaction through providing tastings, tours and generating subsequent sales;
• manage delegated administration and financial responsibilities including cost efficiencies, stock management and roster development;
• drive the acquisition of Wine Club Members and the development of new staff to gain a better understanding of sales, wines and wine clubs;
• execute external tastings and other events as required and on-brand;
• complying with RSA, OHS, Liquor Licensing, Covid-19 requirements, Consumer and Industrial Relations, and Food Safety legislation.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following:
• excellent people management and customer service skills;
• a positive, friendly attitude with a good understanding of wine;
• strong problem-solving skills;
• be an effective team player, hard-working and innovative;
• a minimum of three years’ experience as a Cellar Door Manager or similar, and a minimum of three years’ experience in a sales role;
• qualifications in business, management, marketing or a related discipline is preferred, however not essential.
The typical working week for this full-time role is a Tuesday to Saturday roster, with flexibility required to lead the team during busy trade periods, including public holidays, some after-hours work and some travel.
This role is front of house sales and requires excellent cooperative marketing skills internally and with our many industry tourism partners.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
157 Queenscliff road
A Barossa valley icon making hand-picked, basket pressed and unfiltered wines from our vineyards in the Barossa and Eden Valleys.