Cellar Door Manager - Meerea Park Wines
Meerea Park Wines
2144 Broke Road
Pokolbin, NSW 2320
02 4998 7474
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
We are seeking a full-time Cellar Door Manager with proven sales, customer service and staff management experience. Although good wine knowledge is desirable, more emphasis will be placed upon sales ability and staff management skills. Due to the nature of the business, weekend work is essential. The applicant must hold a current RSA certificate and hold a current driver’s license. A competitive above award salary will be offered to the successful applicant, based on their experience.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Manage the effective & efficient operation of the Cellar Door
• Sell wine to private, trade and corporate customers
• Ensure first class customer service and presentation of cellar door and facilities
• Daily, weekly and monthly sales and financial reporting including stock control
• Packing wine orders and despatching these orders via our parcel software systems
• Attract, retain, lead, train and mentor a passionate cellar door team
• Initiate and implement training to support staff in delivering excellent service, achieving sales targets and increase their knowledge of wine to support sales growth
• Develop a culture of exceptional customer service and engagement both within the cellar door and on-line
• Create and implement the annual sales and marketing plan including events, calendar, budgets, on-line marketing and sales platforms, new initiatives and customer growth and retention
• Effectively manage costs including staffing and financial budgets
• Oversee and manage the growth of the Wine Club and FOMP mailing list
• Ensure all employees adhere to Occupational Health and Safety policies
• Work within a small, dedicated team, and reporting directly to the Managing Director
• Proven Cellar Door sales and management experience
• Excellent customer service skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Competency in email and general computer skills
• Current Australian driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
• Current RSA
• You will be physically fit as the job involves standing and lifting
• Current Australian fork lift licence
• A sound and comprehensive knowledge of wine
• Knowledge and use of effective Social Media
Applicants must have Australian citizenship / residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous but not essential. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Please email applications complete with relevant references using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Meerea Park Wines
Pavilion B, 2144 Broke Road
Meerea Park Wines was established in 1991 and is a family owned business based in Pokolbin.