Cellar Door Manager - Paxton Wines
McLaren Vale, SA 5171
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
By the spectacular beaches south of Adelaide, Paxton Wines is one of the most progressive, forward-thinking houses in McLaren Vale today. This is an incredible opportunity for a similarly motivated, wine-savvy professional to represent a compelling portfolio of wines as Cellar Door Manager.
Established in 1979 by David Paxton, one of Australia’s most experienced and respected viticulturists, today the business is a regional leader with some of the largest holdings – approximately 82 Hectares – of organically and biodynamically farmed vineyards in McLaren Vale. The family released their first wine in 2000 and today the range showcases McLaren Vale’s fruit quality, natural diversity, and varietal expression. The wines are enjoyed around Australia, the UK, Europe, North America, and across Asia.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this is a customer-facing, hands-on role that oversees a small team at the historic cellar door at the gateway to McLaren Vale.
From sharing the story and the wines directly with customers to rostering, reporting and events, it is a diverse, full-time role in an energetic family business. The successful candidate will have a passion for fine wine, customer service, and environmental custodianship.
Paxton Wines supports a culture of continuous improvement and professional development. The conditions and remuneration are competitive and commensurate with the role and experience of the candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the cellar door team and manage rosters, training and education;
• Provide welcoming and informative tastings for public, wine club and trade;
• Drive visitation, engagement, membership and sales at Cellar Door;
• Report regularly on sales, operational expenses, membership and other KPIs;
• Careful stock control;
• Manage POS and despatch systems;
• Oversee Cellar Door advertising and promotional activities;
• Work with state and regional wine bodies on promotional events and festivals;
• Ensure compliance with OH&S, licencing and other regulations;
• Oversee functions and events; liaise with external wedding event coordinators.
Skills and Experience:
• Responsible Person (R.P.) and RSA required
• At least 5 years’ experience in wine and/or hospitality industries;
• Experience in event management is preferred;
• Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm for customer engagement and cellar door
• Proficiency in technologies such as POS, Microsoft Excel and Word, data collection, and
social media platforms;
• Current drivers’ licence;
• Passion for biodynamics and environmental custodianship.
A detailed position description can be viewed at : www.winenet.com.au/recruitment