Employers & Recruiters
Cellar Door Salesperson - Hahndorf Hill Winery
Hahndorf Hill Winery
38 Pain Road
Hahndorf, SA 5245
08 8388 7512
Cellar Door / Wine Club
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $26.00 To $31.00
Part Time - Casual
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Located a short distance from the tourist town of Hahndorf, we are a multi-award winning, boutique producer specialising in Austrian-variety wines. Our cellar door is open 7 days a week, including weekends and most public holidays.
We are currently offering a casual position of three days a week with the opportunity - if you perform well - to transition to a permanent five day a week position in the near future. We will provide you with extensive on-the-job training in our systems and your wage will be in accordance with the Wine Industry Cellar Door Awards.
This job represents an opportunity for you to evolve your career at one of the Adelaide Hills’ leading cellar doors.
This job involves:
• Conducting wine tastings and presenting our various wine experiences, including ChocoVino – our chocolate and wine matching experience based on the concept of terroir.
• Helping grow our wine and merchandise sales so that we maintain our daily sales targets.
• Adhering to our cellar door’s protocols, procedures and systems.
• Assisting in our cellar door’s opening and closing procedures, including cash and eftpos handling, till reconciliation and re-stocking of shelves and fridges.
• Assisting with administrative duties including phone enquiries, bookings and emails.
• Packing wine orders and despatching these orders via our parcel software systems.
• Helping maintain the cleanliness and aesthetics of our cellar door, including kitchen prep and hygiene.
• Working within a small, dedicated team, and reporting to the cellar door manager and two directors.
What we need from you:
• A sound and comprehensive knowledge of wine; we will train you thoroughly in our Austrian specialities.
• Solid sales skills as well as extensive previous cellar door/ wine-focused experience, including hospitality and a knowledge of kitchen hygiene.
• A warm and engaging personality with an ability to listen, focus on the task at hand, and maintain very good attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
• Competency in email and general computer skills.
• The ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• A current RSA licence, driver’s licence and your own reliable vehicle.
• Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
If you believe you are a good match for this job, please email an opening letter together with your up-to-date resume to our cellar door manager, Dee Wright, using the 'Apply for Job' link above.
Employer Contact Information
Hahndorf Hill Winery
38 Pain Road
Hahndorf SA 5245
View All Jobs From This Employer
Hahndorf Hill Winery is a boutique producer situated outside the German-heritage town of Hahndorf in the beautiful Adelaide Hills. We specialize in Austrian grape varieties such as Gruner Veltliner, Blaufrankisch and Zweigelt, as well as producing Pinot Grigio, cool-climate Shiraz and a unique Rose. Our cellar door is open seven days a week and we offer various wine experiences including ChocoVino, our acclaimed chocolate and wine matching experience based on the concept of terroir, in which our wines are matched to the world's best single-origin chocolates. In the past 10 years our cellar door has won numerous tourism awards, while our wines have excelled in both national and international arenas.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2019
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD