Cellar Hand - Mollydooker Wines
23 Coppermine Rd
McLaren Vale, SA 5171
08 8323 6500
Application Closing Date
Part Time - Permanent
Come and join part of an award-winning winery in McLaren Vale recognized globally for consistently producing wines with exceptional quality, colour, and flavour. Our mission here at Mollydooker Wines is to make wines that make people go WOW! through attention to detail and commitment to excellence. If you want to be part of a team that is integral to our success, apply now and let's start the conversation.
Our new Cellar Hand will be able to competently perform tasks in maintaining cellar hygiene, safe chemical handling, preparing, and making additions to wine, and have an understanding between Centrifugal and Positive displacement pumps. They will be able to safely transfer product including:
• Wine, Must, and Ferments
• Flow meter
• Heat Exchange
• Oak filling and emptying
• Road tankers
Throughout Mollydooker's vintage operations, they will display competency in the following winery operations:
• Cap Management
• Tank Cleaning
• Barrel Work
• Sound understanding of ferments
Other duties included within the Cellar Hand responsibilities include:
• Barrel washing
• Full understanding of cellar notes
• High Risk Forklift licensed and a competent operator
• Confined space procedures
• Setting up and maintaining the running of the Spit Water Barrel Washer
• Filling of LPG bottles
• Filling items with diesel such as forklift etc.
• Competency in performing any task in the Mollydooker Winery, including all M1-M4 tasks, according to Mollydooker procedures, without supervision
• Effective liaison with Cellar Manager, Winery Management and Cellar Team Leaders
• Must have the physical fitness and the ability to lift weight – e.g. lift and roll a barrel, lift and walk out hoses, walk up and down stairs on a regular basis, carry buckets etc.
• Ability to lead and train more than 10 persons
Reporting to our Cellar Manager, our new Cellar Hand must have completed and been successfully assessed in Certificate III in Wine Industry Operations or the equivalent and have demonstrated competency in all Cellar Hand Level 3 responsibilities across the full year of operations.
Additionally, the Cellar Hand will have the capability to lead their assigned vintage area and provide direction and first line supervision to the casual vintage cellar team and will be able to operate all equipment within the winery without supervision.
It will be critical that our new team member has safety as top of mind, ensuring that all winery operations are practiced safely, working continuously on incident and accident prevention, reporting near misses and any incidents/accidents, and bringing forward ideas for continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have sound knowledge of WHS requirements and possess a safe and responsible work ethic.
To be considered for this position, applicants must be able to demonstrate their legal working status in Australia, either through current work visa or PR/citizenship.
Employer Contact Information
23 Coppermine Rd
Established in 2000, the Mollydooker Wines group is owned and operated by award winning Winemaker, Sarah Marquis. The Mollydooker Winery and Vineyard are located in McLaren Vale, sourcing grapes from the McLaren Vale, Langhorne Creek regions to create award winning premium wines.