Cellar Hands (Grade 2) - Burge Barossa
Tanunda, SA 5352
Job Start Date
Full Time - Permanent
• Join an iconic SA family business & thrive in a supportive team environment
• Multiple full-time positions available - based in the Barossa Valley
• Traineeship considered + ongoing growth & development opportunities
Want to work amongst the picturesque landscape of the Barossa wine region? Burge Barossa now has multiple opportunities available for Grade 2 Cellar Hands to join their team!
Previous Cellar Hand experience is not essential for this role, so if you’re looking for an opportunity to join the viticulture industry and learn from some of the industries best, now is your chance! Traineeships will be considered for those successful.
𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗢𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆
Reporting to the Cellar Supervisor and Winemaking Team, as a Cellar Hand you will operate with other team members to ensure that all cellar processes are carried out in a way which optimises quality and efficiency according to the Burge Barossa standards and procedures.
As Cellar Hand with Burge Barossa, your responsibilities will include:
• Carrying out all cellar procedures to specific instruction and standards in a highly skilled and efficient manner without supervision
• Communicating effectively with all staff, the winemaking team, and supervisors within the winery
• Reporting all faults and problems with winery equipment
• Assisting in the continual update of all Winery Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
• Assisting in ‘On the Job’ training of other cellar operators
To be successful in this role, you will have a good understanding of winemaking procedures and wine styles. You will have a commitment to winery hygiene and sanitation and always follow WHS procedures by acting in a safe and responsible manner.
In addition to the above, to be successful in this role you will have/be:
• Manufacturing environment experience
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Forklift License
• Confined Spaces Training
• First Aid Certificate
• Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status
𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁
With roots in the Barossa for more than 160 years, Burge Barossa Group is directed by 5th generation Grant & Helen Burge, who have curated a large business with a portfolio of locations encompassing wine and tourism services. It is their passion, knowledge, and experience that is now being passed down through the generations of their family and loyal team members. Burge Barossa pride themselves on respecting the past and building the future.
Their historic facilities are backed by a team of experts. From vineyard hands to winemakers and cellar hands, bottling line supervisors, packaging experts and more. Together with their broad range of facilities and equipment, Burge Barossa successfully manage the A-Z of wine production-based services including grape harvesting, vineyard management, grape and wine analysis, grape crushing, wine fermentation, wine maturation, winemaking, blending and filtration, bottling, finished goods warehousing and storage, product distribution, bespoke wine packaging, wine label re-works, pick and pack, bottle waxing, transport, and logistics. Their team is passionate about personalised service to suit the needs of Burge Barossa’s clients.
We've shared the client's name to help you assess your suitability for the role. Please DO NOT contact them directly.
Employer Contact Information
Level 1, 1 Tonsley Boulevard
Humanology flips the recruitment experience on its head to find the right person for the job, faster.