Chief Viticulturist - Indevin
17-19 Winefair Close Cloudy Bay Business Park, SH 1
Blenheim, MBH 7201
Full Time - Permanent
Moderate Domestic Travel
Founded in 2003, Indevin is New Zealand’s leading producer of high quality wine. Our grapes come from over 3,000 hectares of planted vineyards and blended in our wineries across three of the great New Zealand wine regions - Marlborough, Hawke’s Bay, and Gisborne - giving us a scale and consistency of supply unmatched in New Zealand wine.
We are all about authenticity and transparency so rather than bombard you with corporate jargon– here’s the real Indevin:
• We are a good ol’ Kiwi company who is proud to be a wine industry leader and we have years of hard work to thank for it.
• Our business is proudly spearheaded by the Villa Maria Brand.
• We take our work, but not ourselves, too seriously.
• We work with people from all over the world because our diversity makes us stronger.
• We are very passionate about what we do. We love wine, sharing our knowledge and making Indevin an inspiring place to work.
With flexible working across NZ, we’re looking for a skilled Viticulturist to lead the viticulture strategy to ensure the delivery of Indevin’s supply and demand requirements. We need someone with the ability to provide clear direction to meet long term grape supply requirements for the business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop and lead Indevin’s viticulture strategy and production specifications
• Identify and mitigate risks to supply, demand, quality & style, social responsibility and sustainability
• Develop and implement Indevin’s pest and disease program
• In conjunction with the Operations and Winegrowing teams, ensure grapes are harvested in specification
• Ensure vineyard practices comply with all relevant regulatory requirements including export spray programs, Sustainable Winegrowing NZ accreditation and local body consents
• Work closely with Supply Chain to achieve optimal cost outcomes
Reporting to the Director of Winegrowing, this role is pivotal in ensuring Indevin’s supply and demand requirements are met from Auckland, through to Otago.
It’s important that you have experience in strategic development and delivery in a large-scale viticulture production environment. You will also have advanced knowledge and experience with current and future agriculture technology and its implementation.
The Chief Viticulturist is required to have influence across the operations and viticulture divisions; therefore, it is essential that you are well versed in working with senior stakeholders and are competent in change and project management.
Other skills you will possess include:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication
• Data management and modelling skills and experience
• Problem solving and inductive reasoning
• Commercial acumen
• Self-starting with a high degree of initiative
What’s in it for You?
If you’re looking for a role that will keep you challenged, feeling energized and like you are a valued part of business success then this is the role for you!
Our priority and investment in the wellbeing, development and diversity of our people is core to our purpose. You will be cared for, remunerated well, and supported in your career aspirations.
Sound like you? Share your talents with us today by clicking APPLY NOW.
Employer Contact Information
17-19 Winefair Close
Cloudy Bay Business Park, SH 1
Indevin is New Zealands largest independent contract winemaking company providing tailored wine making services to clients of all sizes.