Commercial Trading Winemaker - Kingston Estate Wines
Kingston Estate Wines
PO Box 67
Kingston-on-Murray, SA 5331
08 8583 0533
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
• Australia’s second largest family owned wine company
• Servicing the world’s largest wine retailers
• Diverse role providing unique career opportunities
Our commercial trading team has strong relationships with many of the world’s largest retailers, providing tailored B2B bulk wine solutions. This role will suit an accomplished Winemaker looking to expand into international sales.
Kingston Estate is one of Australia’s largest and most progressive family-owned wine companies and vineyard owners, having achieved award winning international recognition and success.
Our Vision: To be the Leading Grower and Producer of Australian Wine for the World.
Our commercial trading team has strong relationships with many of the world’s largest retailers, providing tailored B2B bulk wine solutions. Reporting to the Sales Director, the position of Commercial Trading Winemaker is an important link between the winemaking team and our customers.
This exciting opportunity would suit an experienced winemaker looking to extend themselves and broaden their skills and experience into the area of sales and customer relations.
While the role is based at our Riverland winery, it could also be managed in part from our Kent Town office.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Managing relationships and growth strategies for existing domestic and international customers.
• Providing strong insight into global market conditions and trends.
• Developing new market opportunities.
• Managing wine allocations and working with the winemaking team on customer blends.
• Approving customer wine specifications.
• Collaborating with internal stakeholders to guide supply demand strategies from the vineyard through to wine dispatch.
• Attending international trade fairs (when possible) and managing customer visits.
• Ensure sales strategies are aligned to overall business strategy.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge & experience:
• Tertiary qualifications in Oenology with a minimum of five years’ winemaking experience.
• Strong customer service and relationship management skills, with the ability to engage and connect with internal and external stakeholders.
• Business development and negotiation skills.
• Financial/ commercial awareness and the ability to develop strategic insights.
• Clear and engaging written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong focus on continuous improvement and developing new initiatives.
• Positive and proactive attitude, strong personal accountability an ownership.
Our team members are our most valuable asset. We recognise the success and future of our business, and the provision of outstanding customer service, reflects a healthy, diverse, and united team that is supported with growth and development opportunities. At Kingston Estate, you are an important member of the Kingston family.
• Competitive salary and incentive payment program.
• Vehicle and mobile phone.
• Unique career progression opportunities.
• Ownership of an important role.
• International travel.
• Great team environment.
• Employee assistance program.
• Uniform and wine allowance.
If this position sounds like the right fit for you, please attach both a resume and cover letter. For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Manager - People and Culture, Jackie Whitehead on 08 8583 0556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Sunday 3 October 2021.
Kingston Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug and alcohol-free workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and may be required to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as part of the recruitment process.
Employer Contact Information
Kingston Estate Wines
PO Box 67
Kingston Estate Wines, located in the Riverland region, is one of Australias ten largest and most progressive family owned wine companies having achievedinternational recognition as a leading producer of quality Australian wines.