Events & Guest House Co-ordinator - Cherubino Wines
3462 Caves Road
Wilyabarup, WA 6280
Job Start Date
Cherubino Wines are seeking a Margaret River Guesthouse and Events Co-ordinator, who will ensure that the experience guests are provided at Cherubino Wines Margaret River is world-class. The role will specifically be responsible for the management of all on-site accommodation, the business development of Cellar Door experience and the management of all events/functions conducted at the Cellar Door. The suitable candidate is genuinely excited about wine and hospitality, while also having a strong background in the events, tourism and customer service industry.
This role reports directly to the Margaret River Cellar Door Manager and National Sales Manager, this is a hands-on role which will suit a motivated proactive and driven individual who are team players. Our focus is on exceeding customer expectations so operational experience at a premium level is required to support the successful running of events, guest houses, and Cellar Door.
This is a great opportunity to work at one of Margaret Rivers's newest iconic venues, where exceptional wine seasonal produce and events create a wonderful environment in which to thrive.
We are looking for confident and highly polished, fun and enthusiastic individuals with sound wine knowledge and customer service experience. The ideal candidates will be proactive, organized and able to work both autonomously or in a group environment.
The role is available as part-time or full-time position with the need to work at weekends and be available to tend to the accommodation needs of customers when required.
Detail of the Role
• Work commitment can be on a part-time or full-time basis including weekends and evenings where directed by the Cellar Door Manager.
• There is a six-month probationary period for this role.
• This a part-time or a full-time salaried position dependent on qualifications with a bonus structure based on KPIs and overall business performance.
• Annual leave will be paid pro rata of 4 weeks depending on a part time or full time role.
• The role will be looking to start anytime from January 2020
Key Skills and Requirements
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to understand a customer’s needs and exceed them
• A strong background in the hospitality and tourism, industry
• Experience with guest’s accommodation and associated booking software, platforms and online resources
• Experience in the event industry
• Excellent organisational skills
• Great communication skills and can work as a team player
• Great attention to detail
• Can identify and exploit new opportunities or markets
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage LC Event Inbox
• Complete initial event site visits as required & follow up as required
• Work to LC event process to ensure events are authorised at each required level
• End to end management of Cellar Door function/events including briefing, orders, timely running of the event and follow up after the event.
• Develop and build client relationship to generate more Cherubino Cellar Door events
• Develop new and existing event supplier relationships for Margaret River Cellar Door Events
• Coordinate supplier responsibility per event
• Onsite Event Manager to maintain venue service levels and license requirements
• Liaise with Nat. Sales and Mktg Manager building an ongoing event calendar
• Review and revise event policy and ongoing process as required with Cellar Door Manager
• Work with Cellar Door Manager to ensure marketing materials reflect up to date process, pricing, Ts and C’s, etc
• Work with Cellar Door Manager to create and adhere to structured event budgets.
• Work with the Cherubino management team to build new business opportunities and drive more business at the cellar door.
• Maintain and manage the booking process for Margaret River Cellar Door guest houses using the existing software
• Facilitate and expand on the guest experience of those staying at the Margaret River guest houses
• Develop strategies to maximise occupancy at the Margaret River Cellar Door guest houses
• Manage and Maintain Maintenance lists for the Margaret River guest houses.
• Maintain all online booking, marketing, and promotion of Margaret River Cellar Door guest houses.
• There will be a requirement to work on Customer service at the Cellar Door at the discretion of the Cellar Door Manager.
• All duties will be at the discretion of the Cellar Door Manager.
Employer Contact Information
3462 Caves Road
Since its establishment by one of Australia's most acclaimed winemakers, Larry Cherubino Wines has experienced extraordinary success. The company producers a diverse range of wines from across the state with a focus on regional and single vineyard wines. It owns and operates vineyards in the key regions and has it's production and a cellar door based in Margaret River. Please refer to our web site www.larrycherubino.com for more information.