Experienced 2021 Vintage Cellar Hands & Laboratory Staff - Fowles Wines
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
VINTAGE / HARVEST
Fowles Wine is situated in the Strathbogie ranges in central Victoria. The family owned vineyard and winery at an elevation of 490m, has a total of 136 hectares of vines on two sites with ten different varieties on rootstock and own roots. The vineyard was planted in the late 1990’s, and is currently undergoing complete re-development due to the spread of Phylloxera. All of the fruit grown on the property is vinified on site for the company’s own brands and sold globally.
We are looking for energetic and passionate people to join our Vintage 2021 team in both the cellar and the laboratory.
The positions will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• General Cellar/Laboratory Operations
• Operate equipment including – crusher, presses, pumps, flotation pumps etc
• Clean hoses, tanks and equipment before and after use
• Carry out cellar tasks including transfers, barrel work, additions, hand plunging, pump-overs, and other red-ferment cap management techniques, racking’s and other winery operations
• General Cellar Maintenance
• Maintain a safe work environment at all times and actively participating in OH&S policy & procedures.
To be successful in the role you will have:
* Own transport and licenced to drive in Australia
• Previous vintage experience essential
• Clear communication skills both written and verbal
• Meticulous attention to detail
• A Strong team player
• Ability to work autonomously when required
• Forklift Licence essential and valid in Victoria
It is envisaged that these positions would start early Feb 2021 and continue through to the end of April 2021 (with select roles continuing post-vintage for a short period) dependent on seasonal influences. Some weekend and overtime work may be required.
If this opportunity sounds great, we would love to hear from you. Submit your resume today via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above, for the opportunity to join our team.
Unfortunately, due to the number of likely applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly.
Employer Contact Information
1683 Upton Rd
Fowles Wine crafts some of Australias finest cool climate wines, winning many of Australias most prestigious wine medals and trophies. Named as one of internationally renowned Wine Spectators Wineries to Watch, Fowles Wine is a 100 per cent family owned and managed boutique winery located in the dramatic granite landscape of the Strathbogie Ranges, Victoria.