Employers & Recruiters
Experienced Cellar Hand - d'Arenberg
d'Arenberg Pty Ltd
McLaren Vale, SA 5171
08 8329 4812
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $25.00 To $30.00
Full Time - Casual
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
• Award winning boutique Winery
• McLaren Vale Region
• Dynamic and multi skilled team
• Casual with the view to permanency
• Above Award Wages and Wine Allowance
Established in 1912, d'Arenberg is one of the most significant wineries in the McLaren Vale region. Famous for an eclectic portfolio of oddly named wines and a bold red stripe that adorns each bottle, our range is considerable and can be found in over 80 countries world-wide. We are also home to the highly acclaimed d’Arenberg Cube with 360-degree views overlooking d’Arenberg vineyards.
We are seeking an experienced Cellar Hand with drive and enthusiasm, who is passionate about quality wine and the wine industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring quality wine production through the efficient execution of a variety of cellar operations and barrel work.
- Complete day to day operations to assist production of wine.
- General winery hygiene following company standards.
- Routine winery maintenance, we have an old cellar that needs some TLC often.
- Liaise directly with winemakers and lab manager to ensure quality and integrity of wine produced.
- Working unsupervised in a safe and efficient manner.
- Following all Standard Operating procedures and Work Health and Safety processes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 3 years of experience as Cellar Hand.
- A strong work ethic and high level of self-motivation.
- Attention to detail, excellent time management and ability to think outside of the box.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Forklift Licence (High Risk Work) and unrestricted drivers licence.
- Cook a good bbq !
It would be desirable if you had a tertiary qualification in Oenology or Viticulture, and an understanding of small batch winemaking practices on a large scale (approx. 3,000 tonnes) - think basket presses and foot-treading. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a passionate workplace and make a valuable contribution to a highly respected wine brand.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship or residency; no visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Registration of interest are to be lodged prior to 18th June 2021. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly.
Employer Contact Information
d'Arenberg Pty Ltd
McLaren Vale SA 5171
View All Jobs From This Employer
d'Arenberg is one of the most significant wineries in McLaren Vale, producing boutique style premium wines. Located in McLaren Vale, just a short drive from the city.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2021
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD