Experienced Vineyard Operator – Uleybury Wines / One Tree Hill
719 Uley Road, Uleybury
Uleybury, SA 5114
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Uleybury Wines lies North-East of Adelaide within the Mount Lofty Rangers. We currently manage 42 Hectares of vines which are all estate grown and produce low yield to maximise quality.
We believe that the continuing commitment to excellence in the vineyard is the first step in making amazing wines.
Uleybury Wines are currently looking for a full time experienced Vineyard Operator that can work unsupervised, in a hands on manner and have a sound understanding of vineyard machinery and operations. Reporting directly to the General Manager/Winemaker, your role will be to undertake a variety of vineyard duties in accordance with seasonal requirements in order to assist in the development and maintenance of the vineyard as well as assist the Winemaker if necessary.
• Plan, organise, implement and monitor all vineyard operations in conjunction with Winemaker.
• Operate and maintain farming/vineyard machinery.
• Chemical handling.
• Perform key vineyard operations including but not limited to: weed control, slashing, irrigation and trellis
maintenance and repairs, fertiliser application, vine training etc.
• All aspect of irrigation and fertigation management.
• Organising and supervising contractors when needed.
• Undertake other day to day operations of the vineyard as required.
• Conduct all workplace tasks as required in a hands on manner.
• Experience in operating and maintaining machinery and irrigation systems.
• Practical knowledge of viticulture/horticulture.
• Proficiency/knowledge in pruning, spraying, training and the harvest of vineyards.
• Have general mechanical knowledge.
• The ability to work unsupervised.
• Flexibility with working hours, including vintage but also to suit weather conditions.
• Demonstrate sound communication skills.
• Hard working and self-motivating work ethic.
• Current unrestricted driver's license, forklift license and Chemcert accreditation.
If you wish to apply, please forward resumes to Harry Mantzarapis via email: email@example.com
All applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
719 Uley Road,
Uleybury wines is a family owned and operated boutique winery that produces premium quality wines from the estate vineyards.
Uleybury lies North-East of Adelaide within the mount Lofty Rangers. We currently manage 42 Hectares of planted vineyards that produce low yield to maximise qulaity.