Full Time Laboratory Technician - Kirrihill Wines
Farrell Flat Road
Clare, SA 5453
08 8842 1233
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Due to an internal promotion, Kirrihill Wines has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Laboratory Technician.
Located in the picturesque and outstanding wine making region of the Clare Valley South Australia, Kirrihill is a progressive and innovative winery, dedicated to producing exceptional quality wines.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced laboratory technician to be an integral part of the Kirrihill team and be involved in the making of award-winning wines, from the vineyard to the bottle.
Reporting to the Winery Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the laboratory.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring laboratory equipment is serviced and maintained in good working condition
• Ensuring all laboratory equipment is adequately calibrated
• Ensuring the routine laboratory analysis is completed on all wines and recorded on winery software
• Preparation of solutions utilized by the laboratory & wine blending trials
• Monitoring reagent stock levels and replenish
• Purchasing consumables and external services
• Assessment and monitoring of the condition of laboratory additives, including the tracking of batch codes and expiry dates
• Participate in the Inter-Winery Analysis Group and interpret results
• Participating in the Winemaking process by actively engaging with other members of the Winemaking team to ensure our quality goals are achieved
• Assisting in the HACCP and WHS system
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
• A Tertiary qualification in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar
• A minimum of 1 year of laboratory experience, preferably at a winery
• Experience with Vintrace wine management system would be advantageous
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to use initiative, be solution focused and utilize strong problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail is a must
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
This role is based in the Clare Valley of South Australia. Candidates will require full rights to work and live in Australia with no time restriction.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Farrell Flat Road
Kirrihill Wines is a premium wine company located in the Clare Valley and is involved in both contract winemaking and branded product.