Full Time Laboratory Technician - Project Wine
Project Wine Pty Ltd
83 Pioneer Road Angas Plains via
Strathalbyn, SA 5255
08 8537 0600
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Project Wine Pty Ltd is a leading Grape Processing, Winemaking and Storage facility located in the Langhorne Creek wine region. The Winery processes fruit from premium regions all over South Australia and provides contract services for a diverse range of clients, while also making a number of wines for domestic and international markets for its branded portfolio.
To assist with ongoing production requirements, an exciting opportunity exists for a full time Laboratory Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be involved in routine laboratory sampling, testing and record keeping of grape, juice and wine processed at the winery. A strong focus on delivering accurate and consistent results to our winemaking team and client base is paramount.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidate will contribute and participate in a team focused environment across the following areas although not limited to;
• Routine laboratory testing such as Sulphur Dioxide and pH/TA analysis
• Tank and barrel sampling
• Equipment calibration and maintenance
• Accurate recording and reporting of analysis
• Grape and juice maturity analysis and weigh bridge operation during vintage
• General housekeeping of the laboratory and affiliated tasting rooms
• Active participation and understanding of GLP, HACCP and safety policies
The successful applicant will be required for an immediate start and must possess the following attributes:
• This is a full-time position, with the understanding that there will be extended hours and weekend work on rotating shifts over the Vintage period (February to May)
• Strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to work under pressure, follow instructions and work both independently and as part of our team
• Excellent time management capabilities
• Driven to ensure the success of the team, a positive attitude with a sense of fun
• Aptitude to learn, use and maintain more complex laboratory equipment such as the Hyperlab Discrete Analyser
• Prior winery experience will be looked upon favorably but is not essential for the right candidate
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, please only apply if you have valid working rights in Australia.
Please apply in writing with a cover letter addressed to the Laboratory Manager and your resume, outlining qualifications and experience via email using the 'APPLY NOW' link above.
Employer Contact Information
Project Wine Pty Ltd
83 Pioneer Road
Angas Plains via
Situated in the Langhorne Creek wine region, 1 hour from Adelaide, Project Wine is a modern premium winemaking facility. With an annual grape crush of 15,000 tonnes our experienced and committed team provide contract grape processing and winemaking services to the Industry.