Head of Winemaking - Oyster Bay
Blenheim, MBH 7240
+64 9 359 7312
Full Time - Permanent
Delegat Group is a leading global Super Premium wine company. As New Zealand’s number one wine exporter, we have state-of-the-art wineries and world class vineyards in the prime grape growing regions of New Zealand and we focus exclusively on making the world’s most sought-after Super Premium Oyster Bay branded wines. We believe deeply that it is our people that bring our plans to life, turn our goals into reality, and truly make the difference.
The foundation of our success is world-class, scientifically led, winemaking practices delivering Super Premium quality wine.
We are seeking a talented Head of Winemaking to lead the day-to-day technical direction of our winemaking team to deliver the winemaking strategy and style direction. You will contribute to building the company winemaking capability and capacity. This role reports to the Group Technical Manager Viticulture & Winemaking. You will have ultimate winemaking responsibility for both the global Oyster Bay and Delegat wine brands.
Fundamental to this role is proven performance, as either an existing or aspiring chief or head of winemaking in a medium to large corporate wine company. The role will require superior wine sensory ability, in-winery experienced, practical processing knowledge, a full understanding of the science of red, white and sparkling winemaking. You will also have proven viticultural experience and knowledge related to the key drivers of sustainable viticulture for wine quality and style.
As Head of Winemaking you will;
• Have a tertiary winemaking qualification
• 10 - 15 years of head of winemaking and/or senior winemaking experience in a medium to large corporate winemaking company
• Proven winemaking leadership performance that mentors growth and development of winemaking team members
• Strongly developed wine sensory skills
• Strongly developed system thinking and reasoning skills
• Strongly developed modern winemaking operational and equipment familiarity
• Have strong scientific and technical based winemaking knowledge and skills that will lead and grow these attributes in the winemaking team
• Preferably have international winemaking experience at a senior level and a proven understanding of global winemaking and wine styles
If you have the courage and credentials to help chart and drive the future of one of New Zealand’s most successful and exciting wine companies, please apply.
Employer Contact Information
1/10 Viaduct Harbour Avenue
Delegat has earned a reputation as one of the New Zealand's leading winemakers achieving global success with its Oyster Bay brand. The foundation of success is world class viticulture practices delivering super premium quality wine from large scale vineyards. The company has 2000 hectares of vineyards in Marlborough and Hawke's Bay and is investing in substantial vineyard development to support future growth.