Irrigation Operator - Seppeltsfield Wines
ROSEDALE, SA 5350
Full Time - Permanent
Seppeltsfield Wines is one of Australia’s oldest wineries and was founded in 1851 by the visionary Seppelt family and is part of the Randall Wine Group. The Randall Wine Group compromises of Ryecroft Wines, Tinlins Wines and Quelltaler Estate and has significant vineyard holdings across most growing regions in South Australia.
Seppeltsfield Wines is in the heart of the Barossa Valley and produces premium fortified and table wines using both modern and traditional techniques. Seppeltsfield Wines owns 4,000 acres across 4 regions including Barossa Valley, Eden Valley, Riverland and Coonawarra; Barossa Valley being predominant.
The Irrigation Operator, reporting to the Irrigation Manager has responsibility for assisting in the day-to-day running and maintenance of all vineyard irrigation systems. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Jointly operate and maintain 25 pumps stations across our Barossa vineyards.
• Repairs and Maintenance of drip irrigation systems.
• Trouble shooting of pump, filter, field, and automation systems, with team support.
• Support the installation of water infrastructure new and improvement projects.
• Work well within a small team. Our small irrigation team works collaboratively with our larger operational team collectively produce premium quality wine grapes.
• An opportunity for additional hours are always available
On the job training will be provided but experience with backhoe operations, general pipe works up to 300mm and irrigation controllers such as Irrinet and Dream will be highly beneficial.
This position offers a strong opportunity to develop and or continue a career in irrigation whilst being an integral part of one of the largest private wine businesses with an award winning wine brand.
Seppeltsfield Wines also operates a private water scheme transporting water from the Gawler region to our Barossa vineyards. Whilst this is not our primary focus, the operation of system also offers numerous opportunities both practically and technically.
Attitude is everything, skills we can teach and develop, so if you have the below attributes we want to hear from you. If you are keen to learn and/or develop, this role could be a career opportunity in water, irrigation or Viticulture.
Applicants with transferable skills from other Ag, Horticulture, or water industries are also encouraged to apply.
Remuneration will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications of the candidate.
To be considered for this position you will have the following attributes/skills:
• Physically fit and healthy
• Highly enthusiastic
• Hard working and self-motivating
• Flexibility with hours
• Dedication to the role
• Ability to work independently and positively with others in team
• Excellent communication
• Problem solving and trouble shooting
• A proactive approach to WH&S
Applicants must have eligibility to work in Australia – you must be a citizen or permanent resident
This position at times is a physically demanding role and therefore a satisfactory functional assessment will be required. Employment will also be subject to a police clearance.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
730 Seppeltsfield Road
Seppeltsfield Wines, in the heart of the Barossa Valley, produces premium fortified and table wines using both modern and traditional techniques.