Karatta Wines - Winemaker
5 Victoria St
Robe, SA 5276
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Karatta Wines is a leading boutique wine producer, established in the seaside hamlet of Robe. Producing wines from family owned, estate vineyards an exciting opportunity exists to join the management team of Karatta Wines.
Specialising in the production of cool climate sparkling and dry red wines, Karatta is seeking a dynamic winemaker to join our team. Reporting to the General Manager, the Winemaker is a dynamic and multifacted role responsible for the day to day operations of the winery. You will be hands on and collaborative with the small but motivated management team.
The primary responsibility is to ensure production of excellent quality wine.
• Maintain Cellar Hygiene
• Vintage Processing and Winery Tasks
• General Winery Operations
• Bottling/Wine Dispatch
• Occupational Health and Safety
• Equipment Maintenance
This position works in an agriculture environment and is therefore constantly challenged by the vagaries of mother nature. Key challenges include:
• Time management (particularly during vintage)
• Quality, style and volume management
• Meeting and adjusting to consumer needs
• Working with a natural and perishable product
The ability to think strategecially and act commercially is highly valued.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in winemaking. You are able to communicate, collaborate and be a team player.
• A passion for wine is essential.
• You will need a drivers and forklift license.
• Competence in the Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience with Vintrace will be an advantage.
• Comprehensive understanding of quality control standards, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, an understanding of record keeping requirements and inventory control.
The Karatta Winemaker will be a critical member of the management team, delivering high quality wines and playing a key role in the growth of our business.
This position is full time and we offer a competitive salary with a wine allocation.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
5 Victoria St
The Karatta Wines is a family focused business in the Robe region with an ongoing concern in farming and strong association with the land. We are community oriented, committed and honest with high expectations of ourselves and others. We have attention to detail, lead by example and, importantly, believe in a good laugh.