Label Operator - Burge Barossa
Level 1, 1 Tonsley Boulevard
Tanunda, SA 5352
Job Start Date
Full Time - Permanent
• Join an iconic SA family business & thrive in a supportive team environment
• Permanent full-time position - based in the Barossa Valley
• Competitive salary + super + growth opportunities
Want to work amongst the picturesque landscape of the Barossa wine region? Burge Barossa now has an opportunity available for an experienced Label Operator to join their team!
𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲
Reporting to Production Manager, as Burge Barossa’s Label Operator you will be responsible for assisting with the organisation’s bottling procedures by operating the labelling machine and performing maintenance to ensure an effective and efficient labelling process.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Operating the Makro labelling machine manually feeding labels, adjusting positions and speed, as well as other tasks to ensure all labels meet customer specifications
• OHS & regulatory compliance
• Completing quality assurance reports required for both the labelling machine and bottling line
• Inspecting the condition and function of equipment, troubleshooting when required
To be successful in this role, you will be mechanically minded and have demonstrated experience in a similar position. To effectively identify and troubleshoot faults, you will be a strong-problem solver with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
In addition to the above, to be successful in this role you will have/be:
• Prior experience operating Makro machinery
• Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
• Ability to work as part of a small team and contribute to business objectives
• Prepared to work occasional split shift when required
• Forklift Licence
• Competent understanding of WH&S procedures
• Up to date COVID-19 vaccination status
𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
With roots in the Barossa for more than 160 years, Burge Barossa Group is directed by 5th generation Grant & Helen Burge, who have curated a large business with a portfolio of locations encompassing wine and tourism services. It is their passion, knowledge, and experience that is now being passed down through the generations of their family and loyal team members. Burge Barossa pride themselves on respecting the past and building the future.
Their historic facilities are backed by a team of experts. From vineyard hands to winemakers and cellar hands, bottling line supervisors, packaging experts and more. Together with their broad range of facilities and equipment, Burge Barossa successfully manage the A-Z of wine production-based services including grape harvesting, vineyard management, grape and wine analysis, grape crushing, wine fermentation, wine maturation, winemaking, blending and filtration, bottling, finished goods warehousing and storage, product distribution, bespoke wine packaging, wine label re-works, pick and pack, bottle waxing, transport, and logistics. Their team is passionate about personalised service to suit the needs of Burge Barossa’s clients.
𝑊𝑒'𝑣𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑢𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑒. 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝐷𝑂 𝑁𝑂𝑇 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑑𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑙𝑦.
Employer Contact Information
Level 1, 1 Tonsley Boulevard
Humanology flips the recruitment experience on its head to find the right person for the job, faster.