Employers & Recruiters
Laboratory Manager - Kingston Estate
17 Petersen Road, Kingston on Murray
Kingston on Murray, SA 5331
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Our Laboratory Manager is responsible for meeting internal and external customer analysis to ISO 17025 standards, dispatching sample wine to our customer base, upholding food safety standards, and identifying and implementing technologies for process and quality improvement. Our Laboratory is a fast-paced environment undertaking an important role in the wine production process.
Kingston Estate is one of Australia’s largest and most progressive family-owned wine growers, having achieved award winning international recognition and success.
Our Vision: To be the Leading Grower and Producer of Australian Wine for the World.
Based at our winery in the Riverland and reporting to the Winery Manager, this position is responsible for managing and leading the laboratory function and team. This exciting opportunity will suit someone with previous experience in a senior laboratory role, working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Providing analytical and technical information on wines.
• Operating the laboratory in accordance with ISO 17025 to NATA standards.
• Developing departmental objectives aligned to desired business outcomes and supporting staff to achieve them.
• Planning, implementing, and maintaining resources, work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage optimum performance.
• Troubleshooting issues that may arise with lab equipment, and assisting with the acquisition of additional equipment, technologies or supplies that may be required.
• Managing technical laboratory equipment, including scheduling of service and repairs.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge & experience:
• Tertiary qualifications in chemistry and a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role is essential.
• A sound understanding of ISO 17025.
• Experience and knowledge of NATA accreditation.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products.
• High level of initiative, attention to detail, maturity and professionalism.
• Solutions focus and a commitment to continuous improvement and developing new initiatives.
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment with peers looking to achieve common goals.
• Positive and proactive attitude, strong personal accountability an ownership.
Our team members are our most valuable asset. We recognise the success and future of our business, and the provision of outstanding customer service, reflects a healthy, diverse, and united team that is supported with growth and development opportunities. At Kingston Estate, you are an important member of the Kingston family.
• Competitive salary and incentive payment program.
• Mobile phone.
• Unique career progression opportunities.
• Ownership of an important role.
• Great team environment.
• Employee assistance program.
• Uniform and wine allowance.
If this position sounds like the right fit for you, please attach both a resume and cover letter. For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Human Resources Manager, Chris Ramage on 08 8243 3727 or email email@example.com
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Kingston Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug and alcohol-free workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and may be required to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as part of the recruitment process.
Applications Close 1 June 2022
Employer Contact Information
Kingston Estate Wines
PO Box 67
Kingston-on-Murray SA 5331
View All Jobs From This Employer
Kingston Estate Wines, located in the Riverland region, is one of Australias ten largest and most progressive family owned wine companies having achievedinternational recognition as a leading producer of quality Australian wines.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2022
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD