Employers & Recruiters
Laboratory Technician - Agnew Wines
576 De Beyers Road
Pokolbin, NSW 2320
Application Closing Date
From $55,000 To $60,000
Full Time - Permanent
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Agnew Wines is a family owned and operated national wine business based in the Hunter Valley. We produce three highly awarded labels – Cockfighters Ghost, Poole’s Rock and Audrey Wilkinson – and undertake our own sales and distribution nationally, as well as exporting to the UK, Finland, the US and Canada.
We are currently seeking a suitably experienced Laboratory Technician to join our winery team.
Reporting to the Winemakers, the Laboratory Technician uses technical and analytical skills to provide accurate and reliable information to the Winemaker.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Keep abreast of and embrace technical developments in the industry.
• Ensure all records keeping and procedures are following the Agnew Wines HACCP accreditation.
• Perform all laboratory technical analysis during the winemaking process, grape intake, wine maturation and report to the winemakers any wines that do not satisfy technical specifications, as set out by the winemakers.
• Assist in maintaining and updating the Agnew Wines Ezywine system with current laboratory analysis and daily winemaking recording.
• Conduct chemical and bulk wine stock-take as required.
• Assist in maintaining a high level of quality control measures in the lab, by liaising with and cross referencing with other labs to ensure Agnew Wines results are accurate.
• Assist in entering Wine Shows and the preparation of all Wine Show Samples.
• Manage all packaging and bottling.
• Maintenance of all laboratory equipment.
• Assist in the production of wine including all cellar operations and cleaning as required.
• May be required to assist in public tasting and promotion of Agnew Wines.
• Liaise with Agnew Wines contract clients and provide them with appropriate analysis and winery records.
• Assist in setting up tasting trials and making up accurate stock solutions as directed by the winemakers.
• Ensure all quality controls are in place for wines being prepared for bottling and dispatched for bottling, as well as conducting random quality analysis on bottled wines.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
• Strong analytical skills
• High attention to detail
• Effective time management skills
• Experience in the Wine Industry is an advantage, but not essential
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter by 16th October 2020.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
576 De Beyers Road
Pokolbin NSW 2320
View All Jobs From This Employer
The Agnew family entered the Australian wine industry in 2004 with the acquisition of the historic Audrey Wilkinson Vineyard in the Hunter Valley. After extraordinary growth over the subsequent seven years, in 2011 the family acquired the neighbouring Cockfighter’s Ghost and Poole’s Rock brands.
Today, Agnew Wines Group produces over 700,000 bottles of award-winning wine per annum across the three labels, in our state of the art 3000 tonne capacity winery.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2020
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD