Laboratory Technician - Vintage 2022 - Chandon
727 Maroondah Highway
Yarra Valley, VIC 3770
VINTAGE / HARVEST
VINTAGE 2022 LAB TECHNICIAN
We are passionate, because our mission excites us. At CHANDON, we craft exceptional sparkling wines and experiences based on the celebration of communities. We care about making our wines the best. We are bold, because from day one we have been committed to finding new and unexpected opportunities, people and methods.
At CHANDON, we stand for our values of diversity and inclusion, courage and collaboration within our cross-cultural community. We are proud to be part of the Sparkling Wine Maison of the LVMH Group, with wineries in Argentina, Brazil, California, Australia, China and India, the sun never sets on CHANDON.
About the role
Working from our modern winery in the Yarra Valley, our Vintage Lab Technician is part of an essential winemaking team that is responsible for performing all Winery analysis, to ensure continual operation sitewide, enabling the production of our exceptional Sparkling wines. To be part of this team you will need to demonstrate your ability to adhere to high quality work standards, with strong attention to detail to perform our key tasks.
You will use your strong work ethic to follow our operating procedures safely and precisely, and perform varied responsibilities such as:
• Conducting highly accurate juice, ferment, wine and post-production lab analysis and provide clearly presented data to the Winemakers;
• Taking accountability for all quality aspects of contract and in-house winemaking,
• Maintaining laboratory equipment & hygiene, to enable an organised and efficient workflow.
• Our Vintage positions run from late-January for 10 to 12 weeks on a casual basis.
For your application to be considered, you must:
• Be committed to follow our rigorous Health and Safety practices including specific COVID Safe procedures;
• Be willing and able to navigate platforms at heights,
• Have a high attention to detail and strive for accuracy,
• Have an enthusiastic attitude, excellent communication skills and be a team player;
• Have a vehicle to travel to and from work;
• Have the right to work in Australia until at least the end of April 2022; and
• Be willing to undertake a physical and medical assessment related to the position and tasks.
Candidates with the following will be very well regarded:
• Experience working as a Lab Technician/Assistant in a winery or vineyards;
• Completed or part completed Winemaking or Viticulture qualifications;
You will join a friendly, dedicated and professional team. We offer a competitive hourly pay rate plus applicable loadings; a comprehensive induction and training in safety & work practices; meals or meal allowances and wine benefits.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview with our Winemaking team. We plan to commence communicating offers promptly.
Complete the application form at chandon.workable.com
CHANDON HR SMS CHAT for Questions +61417714020
Employer Contact Information
727 Maroondah Highway
CHANDON is LVMH's sparkling-wine Maison, founded in 1959 by Robert-Jean de Vogüé, a pioneer with the vision, courage and drive to redefine the category and craft exceptional sparkling wines in unexpected lands. Now spanning four continents, we have wineries in Argentina, California, Brazil, Australia, China and India, making ours the largest sparkling vineyard worldwide and the only domain on which the sun never sets. Drawing on a collaborative network of sixteen winemakers of seven different nationalities, we stand for new terroirs, innovative methods and an ever-curious outlook that happily unites our diverse lands and people. CHANDON opens up a world of possibilities.
At CHANDON, we stand for our values of diversity, inclusion, courage and collaboration within our cross-cultural community. Everyone is welcome at our table.