Lead Vineyard Hand - Moorilla Estate
Moorilla Estate Pty Ltd
113 Rosevears Drive
Rosevears, TAS 7277
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Moorilla is on the lookout for an enthusiastic and experienced Vineyard Hand to join a small team. Our St Matthias vineyard, located in Rosevears on the Tamar River is fifteen kilometres north of Launceston. The vineyard grows a range of varieties over 16 Ha with fruit being sent to our winery in Hobart.
In this hands-on role, you'll be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day activities of the vineyard. Providing operational support to the Vineyard Manager, you'll have sound knowledge of all vineyard activities, be confident in operating machinery as needed and have a strong commitment to safe work practices. Together with good communication and time management skills, you will be a dedicated and driven contributor, enjoying being part of a team and working well independently.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to progress and develop their career in cool climate viticulture.
Ready to sink your teeth in?
- Support the Vineyard Manager to perform all operational vineyard requirements, in accordance with established operating procedures. This will include:
- Pruning, vine training, and canopy management
- Pest, disease, and weed management
- Irrigation operation and repairs to equipment
- Trellis repairs
- Operating and maintaining machinery as directed, in line with safe work practices, resolving or seeking assistance to remedy any faults.
- Assist as appropriate with general maintenance and care of facilities, property, and equipment
- Maintain work areas to a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene, and organisation
- Work as a part of a team, guiding casuals and contractors when necessary
- Work flexibly due to the seasonal nature of the work. Some overtime (with limited notice) is generally necessary within Vintage periods.
- Commitment to consistently demonstrate safe and high-quality work practices and habits in adherence to best practices standards
- Other relevant and appropriate duties as directed from time to time.
- Applicants require a sound knowledge of vineyard activities
- Experience and/or qualifications in vineyard operations
- Physically able – the ability to safely lift, bend, reach, etc and work with repetitive tasks
- Good team player able to work cooperatively with other staff members and contribute to a small team environment
- Self-motivated, with good time management skills and the ability to work independently as required
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable – particularly during Vintage where hours can be long and unpredictable
- An understanding of workplace health and safety and a willingness to promote safe working practices
- A current valid forklift license and driver’s license
Employer Contact Information
655 Main Road
Moorilla Estate and Domaine A