Production and WHS Manager - Two Hands Wines
Two Hands Wines
273 Neldner Road
Marananga, SA 5352
08 8568 7900
Job Start Date
Full Time - Permanent
Two Hands Wines has earned an international reputation as one of Australia’s leading premium producers setting the benchmark for quality and consistency. The core value of ‘quality without compromise’ guides all decisions from fruit selection through to packaging and promotion. Two Hands strives to differentiate itself from other wineries by bringing innovation and a fun approach to fine wine production.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Two Hands team in the senior role of Production and WHS Manager. Responsible for planning of all packaging goods for bottling across the entire portfolio, as well as design implementation and supplier relationship management. You will be highly motivated and organised with an ability to work to deadlines whilst remaining flexible to the dynamic, fast paced environment of a small luxury producer.
Your interpersonal and communication skills will guide you through the demands of our stakeholders to ensure our production cycles meet the highest quality standards by maintaining our relationships with the sales, winery teams and suppliers to ensure a value chain meets our high levels of customer service.
Other responsibilities include administration of environmental, health and safety management across Two Hands business including procedures development and training. You will be in charge of managing high quality management standard (ISO 9001) to keep Two Hands Wines aligned with international production standards.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will work closely with the Winemaker, Warehouse Manager and Sales & Marketing team and perform a key role in the management group with the following duties. Co-ordination of dry goods orders through approved purchase order system and company software system (EXO Bill of Materials);
1. Management of periodical tendering process and contract negotiation with dry goods suppliers;
2. Accountability for bottling expenditure annual budget, with focus on product cost management and process efficiencies to minimise finished goods per unit costs;
3. Management of production quality and delivery issues with suppliers including conflict resolution and negotiation of best outcomes for THW;
4. Co-ordination of bottlings (including production scheduling, conducting pre-bottling packaging checks, and ensuring quality standards are maintained throughout the bottling process on the days of production);
5. Responsible for the inventory management of all finished and dry goods monthly in consultation with the Warehouse Manager and Finance Department;
6. Communication with the sales department of any inventory discrepancies in order to solve inventories issues in due time.
7. Communicating with the winemaking and sales department to ensure products are available to meet THW requirements.
8. Assistance with new product design concepts through to fruition to maximise consumer brand perception in line with the pricing and tier of wines;
9. Management of goods inwards to the winery and at other locations where the company’s stock is held in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager;
10. Responsible for the implementation of any environmental, WHS policies and practices, including coordination of regular staff meetings, monitoring of training registers and compliance with the latest legislation;
11. Fully responsible for conducting an audit on Two Hands production processes and reviewing all SOPs on production and warehousing management.
12. Adhere to the ISO 9001 Management and contribute to the ongoing improvement of the systems in place
13. Any other lawful directive from the Directors.
To succeed in this pivotal role you will possess an array of skills and experience including:
• Previous experience in the wine industry in respect of
• WH&S and
• ISO Management;
• Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems for product planning and requirements;
• Positive attitude and strong problem solving abilities.
• Excellent communication skills with stakeholders, team focussed approach.
Employer Contact Information
Two Hands Wines
273 Neldner Road
Driven by a passion for quality, Two Hands aims to highlight the nuances of fruit expression of the Shiraz varietal from six prized and diverse wine growing regions across South Australia and Victoria. The name Two Hands is inspired by the personal, artisanal and ‘hands-on’ approach to the craft of wine growing taken by Michael Twelftree and his team.