Senior Cellar Hand / Assistant Winemaker - Full Time - Forest Hill Vineyard
Forest Hill Vineyard
Cnr South Coast Hwy & Myers Road
Denmark, WA 6333
08 9848 3711
Full Time - Permanent
Forest Hill Winery is located in the coastal town of Denmark, Western Australia. We are a family owned business and make premium wines from our old vineyard in Mount Barker, WA.
We are looking for a full time cellar hand to start immediately.
Jobs include but not limited to:
• Help in organising daily work lists for the cellar to follow
• Assist in generating and delegating cellar notes in the most efficient order
• General winery operations - Pressing, Crushing, Racking, Transfer
• Supervise and ensure that all cellar operations are completed meticulously and to the standard expected by Forest Hill.
• Running lab analysis post cellar operations and accurate record keeping (entering lab data into Vintrace)
• Setting up blending and fining trials
• Preparing bottle samples for external
• Manage lab operations, hygiene and equipment
• Ullage management
• Cellar reconciliations
• SO2 management of tanks and barrel groups
• Updating and maintain accuracy of Cellar Listing (excel spreadsheets) and White board.
• Barrel topping program
• Organise Barrel Hall & manage cellar door stock, dry goods etc
• Stock movements
• Manage used barrels & cellar hygiene
• Manage chemical stocks in cellar/lab
• Assist with repairs and maintenance on general cellar equipment and fittings
• Set good examples for cellar hands and assist in training staff.
This job requires that you are/have:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Enthusiasm, reliability and energy
• Ability to work independently and as a member of team
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Physically fit to undertake manual tasks
• Flexible and able to work shift work, weekend work and overtime as required
• Reliable and punctual
• Able to work under pressure
• High Risk Work Licence for Forklift Truck (highly desirable but not essential)
Please email your CV with two current references using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Forest Hill Vineyard
Cnr South Coast Hwy and Myers Road
Forest Hill Vineyard was established in 1965 and is the oldest vineyard in the South-West of WA. Our winery is based in the town of Denmark, with the vineyard located to the west of Mount Barker. We make premium cool climate wines, with main varietals of Riesling, Chardonnay, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon. Family owned and dry grown.