Senior Winemaker - Greenstone Vineyards
179 Glenview Road
Yarra Glen, VIC 3775
03 9730 1022
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Greenstone Vineyards is seeking an ambitious, talented & accomplished Senior Winemaker to lead our winemaking team. This is a ‘hands on’ role that encompasses managing vineyard & winemaking operations for our contract winemaking clients as well as leading & upholding winemaking operations for the Greenstone stable of brands.
Greenstone Vineyards is a multi-faceted wine business based in the Yarra Valley near the township of Yarra Glen. Greenstone started in 2003 with the establishment of a unique vineyard in Heathcote by three global industry leaders. Ownership changed in 2015 which, in the same year, saw the acquisition of the original Yarra Ridge Vineyard & Winery (most recently known as Sticks). This site is now the home of the Greenstone stable of brands as well as being an important contract winemaking facility for some well-known commercial wine brands.
Reporting to the board, the candidate needs to demonstrate creative & strategic thinking as well as being able to thrive in a dynamic team environment in partnership with other heads of department.
This role provides a unique opportunity for a talented & ambitious individual to take ownership of the end to end winemaking process and lead the stylistic vision of a dynamic and emerging wine business.
• Manage winemaking operations of a 2000t facility
• Leadership of winemaking & vineyard teams
• Contract client liaison, in particular, maintaining strong relationships
• Budgeting & planning
• Plant & equipment maintenance
• Fruit sourcing
• Winery administration & record keeping
• Highly proficient & proven track record in quality winemaking
• 5+ years relevant experience in a similar role
• Tertiary qualification in Oenology
• Outstanding critical & analytical palate
• Sound knowledge of global winemaking practices & styles
• Strong communication skills
• Versatile & critical thinking with strong decision making capabilities
• Management experience in a similar sized business with contract clients
Other Requirements & Competencies
• Show judging experience and/or AWAC or Len Evans Tutorial
• Responsible Service of Alcohol
• Forklift License
• First Aid
• Public speaking experience.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Suite & Vintrace or similar.
If this sounds like you, then lets talk!
A remuneration package commensurate with the successful applicants’ qualifications and experience will be offered.
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ARE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS OR ALREADY HAVE THE NECESSARY WORKING VISAS TO LEGALLY WORK IN AUSTRALIA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Employer Contact Information
179 Glenview Road
Greenstone Vineyards is a James Halliday rated 5-red-star winery.
At Greenstone, we’re committed to making elegantly crafted wines of varietal purity from our two unique, ancient & distinguished sites in the renowned Heathcote & Yarra Valley regions of Victoria, Australia.
Our wines display elegance, purity & layers of complexity, each evoking the season & site from where they were grown.