State Manager NSW - Laffort Australia
43 Bradmill ave
Rutherford, NSW 2320
08 8360 2200
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Laffort is a 126-year-old, family-owned manufacturer, and global distributor of innovative and precision oenological products. An established supplier to the Australian wine and alcoholic beverage industry, Laffort Australia provides its customers with exceptional technical expertise, and a large range of high-quality winemaking oenological products.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary focus will be to grow sales and provide technical winemaking assistance to key accounts within its NSW, ACT and QLD territories. Whilst overseeing the daily running of the NSW branch, including managing a small team, as well as its warehousing and logistics requirements. The successful candidate would be based in the Rutherford office in NSW, situated just outside the Hunter Valley wine region.
REPORTING TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR, SOME OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Growing the territories and achieving sales based KPI’s in your territory.
• Maintaining and developing relationships with key clientele.
• Seeking and creating new business and expansion opportunities.
• Managing a key east coast distribution point and warehouse.
• Providing technical assistance to a wide customer base.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will ideally have a strong technical background in winemaking and act with commercial agility to be able to respond with diligence on the market. Candidates will also be expected to be capable of developing innovative and unique winemaking solutions for their clients.
Furthermore, to be successful in this role you will have.
• Wine and alcohol industry experience – technical sales experience desirable.
• Exceptional relationship building and negotiation experience.
• A current Australian driver’s license - a forklift license is desirable.
• Undertake regular domestic travel to regional winemaking areas. (International travel from time to time)
• Excellent communication skills, be highly self-motivated, and be able to work as part of a team.
A full initial training in the Laffort product range will be provided, as well as regular product updates and online training from internal technical managers, and the Laffort head office in France.
This full-time position comes with a highly competitive salary package including laptop, phone, travel re-imbursement and car allowance.
Employer Contact Information
10 Kalimna Road
Laffort is a major wine technology supplier in Australia and the rest of the world