Trainee Assistant Winemaker / Cellar Hand - Logan Wines
1320 Castlereagh Hwy
Mudgee, NSW 2850
02 6373 1333
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Logan is a boutique family-owned wine business. A small team with an eye to progressive winemaking of high-quality commercial wines and interests in the Orange and Mudgee regions of NSW. We make an eclectic range of wines and styles from ultra-premium to more commercial offerings and everything in-between.
We are on the lookout for a full-time trainee assistant winemaker/cellar hand to join our team in Mudgee. Immediate start s
Working with our winemaker you will assist with all winemaking and cellar operations from grape receival through to fermentation management, blending, oak management, rackings and preparation for bottling, sensory bench trials, basic lab analysis and cleaning as well as actively contributing to the continued development and evolution of wine style.
The successful applicant will have:
• Previous cellar experience with a good knowledge of winery equipment and practices.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a small team.
• Good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
• Flexible with working hours, especially during vintage.
• Follow instructions well and complete work to a high standard.
• A level of fitness appropriate to the physical demands of the role.
• Forklift experience preferred but not essential.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
1320 Castlereagh Hwy
Logan is a boutique wine business with interests in the Orange and Mudgee regions of NSW Australia.
Peter Logan’s winemaking style is inspired by his love of the character of rich fruity Australian wines, and the balance and structure of Old World wines. His winemaking philosophy represents a hybrid of these two styles – wines that ooze Australian fresh fruit flavours whilst embodying European-style, balance and finesse.