Vineyard Hand - Ulupna Winery
159 Crawfords Road
Strathmerton, VIC 3641
03 9533 8831
Full Time - Casual
Ulupna Winery is a boutique winery in the Goulburn Valley producing wines of elegance, and we are currently looking for a Vineyard Hand to join our small dynamic team. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
About the Role
Your primary role is to assist with the general maintenance of the vineyards, and to be actively involved in the daily operations needed to produce quality wine grapes.
This outdoor and hands on role involves all aspects of vineyard maintenance, some machinery operation, and general farm work. Forklift licence or previous tractor/harvester driving experience is an advantage but not essential.
The successful applicant will work as part of a small dynamic team and be required to work on a 5 day/week basis with some extra hours required during spraying and harvesting operations.
If you are someone with a passion for the wine industry and are keen to make a difference working within a family owned winery and vineyard then this is the job for you.
This role would ideally suit someone that is currently studying or has recently completed TAFE qualifications / Tertiary degree in a related field.
There would also be the opportunity to periodically assist the winemaker with broad cellar duties.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications & skills:
• Perform various tractor operations, including spraying, slashing, hedging, under-vine weeding, cultivation.
• Apply chemicals in a safe manner in accordance with manufacturer's directions and keep records of their use.
• Pruning, shoot and fruit thinning, de-suckering, wire lifting, training of young vines and other seasonal activities.
• Perform mechanical harvesting operations and support activities.
• Assist in hand picking operations.
• Assist with vineyard development propagation, planting, grafting and infrastructure establishment
• Operate the irrigation system to a given schedule.
• Monitor irrigation for any leaks and repair as required.
• Repair trellis posts and wires as required.
• Responsible for WH&S compliance and ensuring that all work activities are carried out in accordance with company procedures and policies.
The Ideal Applicant
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Previous experience/working knowledge of vineyard equipment and processes in wine growing or similar industry
• TAFE qualifications / Tertiary degree or currently studying would be an advantage
• A valid ChemCert will be highly regarded but not essential.
• Forklift license is essential.
• Current drivers licence and own transport are essential
• An ability to work outside in all weather conditions and a willingness to work flexible/long hours as required
• An energetic and positive approach to work
• An enthusiasm for wine, its production and culture
• Excellent communication
• A willingness to learn and take direction.
Given current COVID-19 travel restrictions, we are only accepting applications from candidates within Australia.
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above.
Employer Contact Information
52 Prince Albert Crescent
A boutique winery in the Goulburn Valley.