Vineyard Hand/Machine Operator - Xanadu Wines
Margaret River, WA 6285
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Xanadu Wines is a family-owned business, situated in the heart of the Margret River wine region. Established in 1977, Xanadu is part of the Rathbone Wine Group and currently operates 80 Hectares
of vineyards, across two sites in Margaret River with a focus on producing premium quality wines of distinction.
Xanadu Wines has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Vineyard Hand/Machine Operator to join their team commencing June 2022!
• Full-time permanent position
• Focus on company culture and creating a supportive team environment
• Excellent development opportunity with a very supportive management structure.
𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗢𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆:
Reporting to the Viticulturalist, the Vineyard Hand/Machine Operator will undertake a variety of vineyard duties in accordance with seasonal requirements to assist in the development and maintenance of the two vineyard locations.
Responsibilities will include:
• Pruning/Vine training/Canopy management
• Irrigation and fertigation operation/repairs
• Maintaining and upholding best vineyard practice outcomes
• Weed/Disease/Pest management
• Contribute to maintaining and improving sustainable vineyard practices without compromising fruit quality
• Grounds/machinery maintenance
• Undertake other day-to-day operations of the vineyard as required.
We are looking for candidates with proven vineyard experience and who are passionate about their work. In this hands-on role, the successful candidate must be able to work unsupervised and have a sound understanding of vineyard machinery and operations.
In addition to the above, you will need:
• Ability to work either within a team environment and follow directives or work independently without supervision
• Experience with irrigation operation and systems
• Ability to work flexible hours as required, both during vintage but also to suit weather conditions such as spraying
• A can-do attitude, self-motivated, and reliable, presents well
• Tractor experience
• ChemCERT accreditation
• Current/valid Australian Driver’s License
• Sound communication and time management skills
• Australian citizenship or permanent residency
• Adhere to company WHS guidelines, policies, and procedures
• Complete COVID-19 vaccination status
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, commensurate with experience and commitment.
Applicants must be an Australian citizenship, permanent resident, or existing long-term working visa to be able to legally work in Australia.
Please forward a letter of application, Resume, and any other relevant documentation via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB' link above before 5pm on Friday the 10th of June 2022.